Good Luck/Audition results 2018

TooTu

4 minutes ago, amos73 said:

Dd and I are so pleased for you and your dd. We know how hard she has worked for this. And having had both our girls at all the same finals two years ago with a no for elmhurst that time amazing that both your dd and mine have been offered funded y9 places now!

xxx

I know it’s very strange, just shows don’t give up!!  Well done @amos73 proud of both our girls xx 

• Like 6

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, balletmum20 said:

Keep in there everyone, 

my dd is in year 8 at the hammond at the moment and we are just giving up our mds as my Dd has just been offered a year 9 place at Elmhurst, fingers crossed everyone waiting xxx 💗💗 

Fabulous news balletmum20 💜

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seaside H said:

I have spoken to Hammond my dd is 19 out of 62 so highly unlikely anything will change for her and the bursary isn't enough.  Congratulations to everyone else and back to associates for her.

If she's 19th out of 62, that's quite near the top, as I'm guessing numbers 1-14 have the awards? 

I hope she's ok xx

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, margarite said:

If she's 19th out of 62, that's quite near the top, as I'm guessing numbers 1-14 have the awards? 

I hope she's ok xx

I think she is 19th reserve as her friend is number 4 reserve she has been told.  It’s all new to us.  Thank you to every ones messages and support xx

10 minutes ago, PenguinBoysMum said:

Sadly DS had a no letter for Elmhurst. He's upset at the moment but has already said he'll keep trying. We've told him it's just not his time yet.

Sorry to hear that ... as we always say a no is really a not yet !

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Seaside H said:

I think she is 19th reserve as her friend is number 4 reserve she has been told.  It’s all new to us.  Thank you to every ones messages and support xx

I believe there was only 62 on the list in total for funding from last weeks audition? She's quite near the top really x

• Like 2

1 hour ago, margarite said:

I hope she's ok xx

I’ve tried ringing them today about paying the registration fee, ideally would like to know if I’m better off setting fire to it because if she’s well down the list then there’s no point.  It couldn’t get through an d then got a message they close at 4:30 (it was 2pm haha), try again tomorrow. Don’t really want to ask where my DD is on the list as it says not to in the letter? 

3 minutes ago, Picturesinthefirelight said:

I suspect that might be the time the office closes in term time but it may not be updated during holiday times. 

Yes I expect so, just found it amusing. I’ll try again tomorrow. 

8 hours ago, margarite said:

What year is your daughter going Into? 

DD is on reserve for MDS at Hammond as expected. Just had a chat with the school and they told me where she was on the list. Am very proud as she's much higher up than I thought she'd be! They've offered us a bursary so she'll be there in September whatever happens. 

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seaside H said:

I have spoken to Hammond my dd is 19 out of 62 so highly unlikely anything will change for her and the bursary isn't enough.  Congratulations to everyone else and back to associates for her.

Sorry it wasn’t an immediate yes. Did they mind you asking that question? I wasn’t going to ask them as it said not to on the letter, but everyone seems too know where their DD or DS are, so will try and find out tomorrow. All very new to me so I don’t know the correct etiquette ha-ha. DD only auditioned for an associate place this year too so this is including this forum which is of an immense help is new to me too. 

• Like 1

Just now, Wend said:

Sorry it wasn’t an immediate yes. Did they mind you asking that question? I wasn’t going to ask them as it said not to on the letter, but everyone seems too know where their DD or DS are, so will try and find out tomorrow. All very new to me so I don’t know the correct etiquette ha-ha. DD only auditioned for an associate place this year too so this is including this forum which is of an immense help is new to me too. 

Sorry to. It too, despise predictive text! 

Just now, Wend said:

I would email if you can't get through. It was discussed where DD was on the reserve list when I called, as I suppose if she had been VERY near the top, there would be no need to offer her a bursary right away, if that makes sense. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, margarite said:

I would email if you can't get through. It was discussed where DD was on the reserve list when I called, as I suppose if she had been VERY near the top, there would be no need to offer her a bursary right away, if that makes sense. 

That makes sense. I’ll try again tomorrow and email if no joy via phone. Thanks, hope everything works out for you. 

41 minutes ago, Wend said:

Sorry to. It too, despise predictive text! 

They voluntered the information.  I’m confused as well 🤷‍♀️ I don’t know is 19 out of 62 is before MDS or after as a friend has been told 4th and her dd hasn’t been offered MDS but been told it might x

Edited by Seaside H
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Seaside H said:

They voluntered the information.  I’m confused as well 🤷‍♀️ I don’t know is 19 out of 62 is before MDS or after as a friend has been told 4th and her dd hasn’t been offered MDS but been told it might x

Well that’s good to know because I was worried about asking but I’ll start off the conversation regarding the options available following these results and see what happens. I would have thought that the total finalists being at 62, then the awards say 1-14 (example I don’t know how many MDS awards there are), then continuing with the numbering in order of scores, so 19th I would assume is high up the list, but I don’t know for sure. Did she mean 4th in order of the reserve list in the sense that if there were 14 awards given out then number 18 on the list would technically be number 4 reserve? Fingers crossed for you. I’m dying to know where my DD is now.

• Like 1

@Seaside H they volunteered the information to me too. There was definiely 62 being considered for funding as my dd and her friend both came out after recall and said that' how many were on the list; it had been said during the audition. It is all so confusing. They told me willingly where my dd was on the list today but then told my friend they won't tell you? She has no idea where her dc is on the list or even if school are offering any bursary. 

@margarite if it's the same child I think it is she was also offered MDS for Hammond. She's taking the MDS for Elmhurst so somene is in for good news from hammond. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HollyLou said:

Hammond have also offered my dd 50% bursary and said shes not high enough for any movement to affect her. I know it's a lot of money still but I'm going to try and see if I can raise the remaining funds. My dd has worked with a professional dance company recently and they said they'd help too. So for us still a little bit in limbo. My dd knows it's not guaranteed just yet but We'll give it our best shot.

Where was your DD if you don’t mind me asking? X

7 minutes ago, margarite said:

My daughter is on the reserve list for year 8.  I think I should call tomorrow and ask.  which department do I call?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TEE said:

My daughter is on the reserve list for year 8.  I think I should call tomorrow and ask.  which department do I call?

I dialled main school number, pressed 1 for reception and asked to be put through to Janet Starmer. Good luck!

• Like 1