Good Luck/Audition results 2018

TooTu

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DD is on reserve for MDS at Hammond as expected. Just had a chat with the school and they told me where she was on the list. Am very proud as she's much higher up than I thought she'd be! They've offered us a bursary so she'll be there in September whatever happens. 

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Edited by margarite
  • Like 21

28 minutes ago, margarite said:

DD is on reserve for MDS at Hammond as expected. Just had a chat with the school and they told me where she was on the list. Am very proud as she's much higher up than I thought she'd be! They've offered us a bursary so she'll be there in September whatever happens. 

Hi can I ask what department you went through to , been trying but no joy ... guessing really busy !

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JulieM68 said:

Hi can I ask what department you went through to , been trying but no joy ... guessing really busy !

I rang main number, pressed 1 for reception and asked for Janet Starmer. I called just before 9am. 

Fingers crossed you get through soon.

Edited by margarite
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, margarite said:

Amazing news @margarite, congratulations to your dd. Looking forward to seeing her dance at EYB 😊

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Picturesinthefirelight said:

Poor Janet!

(who is lovely & so knowledgable about all matters MDS/Dada etc)

She is lovely isn't she? And so patient and calm talking to me when she must have about 10 people on call waiting!

• Like 1

Hammond have also offered my dd 50% bursary and said shes not high enough for any movement to affect her. I know it's a lot of money still but I'm going to try and see if I can raise the remaining funds. My dd has worked with a professional dance company recently and they said they'd help too. So for us still a little bit in limbo. My dd knows it's not guaranteed just yet but We'll give it our best shot.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Picturesinthefirelight said:

I can't guarantee this, its hearsay at the moment but I have a feeling another Hammond MDS may have just become available.

I know there were at least two children at Hammond funding last week waiting for Elmhurst results so that might cause movement too.

Edited by margarite

1 minute ago, margarite said:

I know there were at least two children at Hammond funding last week waiting for Elmhurst results so that might cause movement too.

i suspect that is what pictures was hinting at ...  there are going to be  a small number of  lucky ( because anyone  who gets to finals  is damn good  -  the quality line is not generally  the issue  especially with  girls )  people who are faced with 2  funded  offers ...  which means for their  'rejected' offer , it all moves up 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tutugirl said:

I wonder how many MDS there were at Hammond this year ?

I am delighted that my pupil has just gained one for year 7 .

Well done to her! By my guestimation by what I was told where DD was on the list etc I think around 14. But please don't treat this as gospel!

Wow. A funded year 10 place for dd at Elmhurst. Quite shocked! Well done to all parents and children, regardless of a yes or no, who put themselves through all of this. My dd would never in a million years have done this a year ago, so keep going and with determination (and fabulous teaching of course!) they will get there. But now to write a list of pros and cons.. Having read the British training thread, I'm confused. Any guidance would be most welcome. Good luck to everyone out there. 

• Like 23

Congrats to everyone who has good news.

Five years ago this was us accepting a place for dd at Hammond.  She was very borderline and about as far down the MDS waiting list as you could probably get.  It has been tough, we couldn't afford boarding so she travelled 45 miles every day, she had a notice to improve letter in Year 8 but now, as she is at the end of Year 11 their training has got her to the point that she got 3 scholarship or Dada offers for dance/MT courses. 

So to those of you embarking on this rollercoaster, good luck, you and your children will probably need it along with a good dose of resilience.  Remember if it doesn't work out, thats OK, if your child changes their mind, thats ok too but if you don't try you will never know.

Edited by Picturesinthefirelight
  • Like 16

1 hour ago, Nicola H said:

i suspect that is what pictures was hinting at ...  there are going to be  a small number of  lucky ( because anyone  who gets to finals  is damn good  -  the quality line is not generally  the issue  especially with  girls )  people who are faced with 2  funded  offers ...  which means for their  'rejected' offer , it all moves up 

I don't want to comment further because year groups are small and its not my place to identify someone elses child but I think someone I know has just had some good news.

29 minutes ago, balletmum20 said:

Keep in there everyone, 

my dd is in year 8 at the hammond at the moment and we are just giving up our mds as my Dd has just been offered a year 9 place at Elmhurst, fingers crossed everyone waiting xxx 💗💗 

Dd and I are so pleased for you and your dd. We know how hard she has worked for this. And having had both our girls at all the same finals two years ago with a no for elmhurst that time amazing that both your dd and mine have been offered funded y9 places now!

xxx

• Like 14