Good Luck/Audition results 2018

TooTu

My friend (her dd is auditioning for year 7)  has just rang Elmhurst as no post today, and she’s been told that all letters are being posted today x  good luck everyone x 

Edited by Balletmum55
  • Like 9

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Wend said:

Hi, do they inform you about MDS funding results via mail or phone at the Hammond? Is anyone aware of how many MDS scholarships are awarded there?

Thanks and good luck everyone. 

They send letters with results. Apparently being posted first class today. I think they can never say really say how many are available either. 

Good luck everyone waiting 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Twoballerinas0004 said:

Just got our letter from Tring and my daughter has been given funding for the upper school dance course. She is so happy!!!! Just waiting for elmhurst results and Central and Scottish finals!!!

That is great news Twoballerinas. What a fantastic position to be in !

1 hour ago, Momofadancingboy said:

That’s great news!! Wonder why US have had results before LS??? 

I think it’s because all the internal candidates ie those already in yr 11 Elmhurst have the choice of a face to face meeting to get their results and today was the last day of term!

I'm sure the other results will be out very soon now - probably tommorow x

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Picturesinthefirelight said:

Fantastic. I remember when he got his place in lower school. Only seems 5 mins ago. 

Just what I was thinking! Where does the time go?  

Huge congratulations to your ds, Billyelliott. :)

• Like 2

The postman has been....no Elmhurst LS results! 😩 I guess that will be Monday then, this is killing me!

Hammond MDS results arrived though and DD is on the reserve list. She's a year 10 entrant so I'm guessing that's pretty good - or does everyone get put on the reserve list?! 😬

• Like 8

My DD on reserve list for the MDS at The Hammond too. She’s gutted as we really needed the scholarship (as I guess most do). I’m assuming it will be a no go as everyone offered the MDS will take it and I’ve no idea where on the reserve list she has been placed. Even if we could get 50% off fees with their own bursary, it would still be too much to pay for us and our circumstances. At least she can still gain valuable experience as an Associate there and has learnt a lot just from the audition process. 

• Like 1

Our post man has been as well and the postal version of the email Elmhurst letter has not come ...

I suppose that means they were not ready in time for the post!

we have one week to accept so you can expect some movement on waiting lists after a week as I’m sure several students have other offers to consider.....

try to distract yourselves for the weekend it sounds like it will be Mondays post at the earliest....sorry to have gotten your hopes up for today! 😬

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Seaside H said:

DD is on the reserve list for MDS at Hammond what does that mean?? In the letter it says 13th April is when people have to accept by.  All comments appreciated 🙈

I think it means that successful candidates have until that date to accept the scholarship and then they’ll go to the reserve list in order (they score points in the audition so the highest scorer on the reserve list will get selected first should any awards become available due to people not accepting, which I would assume is highly unlikely but I’m new to all this so wouldn’t know for certain). 

3 minutes ago, Billyelliott said:

Our post man has been as well and the postal version of the email Elmhurst letter has not come ...

I suppose that means they were not ready in time for the post!

we have one week to accept so you can expect some movement on waiting lists after a week as I’m sure several students have other offers to consider.....

try to distract yourselves for the weekend it sounds like it will be Mondays post at the earliest....sorry to have gotten your hopes up for today! 😬

Apparently letters sent out 2nd class so could be Tuesday/Wednesday before you hear 😩

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wend said:

My DD on reserve list for the MDS at The Hammond too. She’s gutted as we really needed the scholarship (as I guess most do). I’m assuming it will be a no go as everyone offered the MDS will take it and I’ve no idea where on the reserve list she has been placed. Even if we could get 50% off fees with their own bursary, it would still be too much to pay for us and our circumstances. At least she can still gain valuable experience as an Associate there and has learnt a lot just from the audition process. 

We are in exactly the same position 🙈

will Hammond tell you where they are on the reserve list?

Is it possible to get more than 50%?

3 minutes ago, Momofadancingboy said:

Apparently letters sent out 2nd class so could be Tuesday/Wednesday before you hear 😩

So frustrating! They made it very clear on the day that we'd hear by the end of last week and on top of that, to send it out 2nd class is unbelievable. My nerves are shredded!!

3 minutes ago, Seaside H said:

We are in exactly the same position 🙈

will Hammond tell you where they are on the reserve list?

Is it possible to get more than 50%?

I honestly don’t know, it does say to not contact them about the list as they will contact you, but I really don’t want to pay the registration fee to be told that even with a bursary we still can’t afford it as in the letter it says you have to have submitted the registration form and I’m assuming the registration fee along with it before having financial discussions with them. ☹️

9 minutes ago, Wend said:

I honestly don’t know, it does say to not contact them about the list as they will contact you, but I really don’t want to pay the registration fee to be told that even with a bursary we still can’t afford it as in the letter it says you have to have submitted the registration form and I’m assuming the registration fee along with it before having financial discussions with them. ☹️

I already handed my finiancial forms in but not my registration one.  I will call and have a chat but presume they are shut for the next 2 weeks.

2 minutes ago, Seaside H said:

I already handed my finiancial forms in but not my registration one.  I will call and have a chat but presume they are shut for the next 2 weeks.

I need to get them sent off, was waiting for the results first. 

I was under the impression the registration form and fee had to be handed in by Wednesday before the kids went into audition? I was told over the phone to hand both in on the day? 

Everyone who attended Wednesday audition at Hammond goes into reserve list and are ranked in order of score. Though honestly this doesn't always work as a boy lower down the list can still end up with an MDS over a girl who's higher up the list due to boarding situation. Plus I'd imagine year group has an impact too? My dd was quite high up reserve list last year and we know of people lower down the list who ended up with awards when she never did.