RBS Summer School

rudolph23

I had to let RBS know today that my dd can’t attend the week 4 summer school anymore as my husband has unwittingly booked us a surprise holiday FOR THE SAME WEEK 😫 !!! It only came to light when I gave him the bill to pay 😳

Luckily for my dd, she already did the spring intensive this year so she took it pretty well xxx hopefully a lovely year 7 dd who applied for week 4 will get a happy email soon, hope it’s someone on the forum xxxx 

• Like 1

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Balletmum55 said:

I had to let RBS know today that my dd can’t attend the week 4 summer school anymore as my husband has unwittingly booked us a surprise holiday FOR THE SAME WEEK 😫 !!! It only came to light when I gave him the bill to pay 😳

Luckily for my dd, she already did the spring intensive this year so she took it pretty well xxx hopefully a lovely year 7 dd who applied for week 4 will get a happy email soon, hope it’s someone on the forum xxxx 

Oh no!  Bet he's popular.

I can just imagine what either of my two would have said to that.  (Ds's equivalent is the MT workshop including private lesson with Kerry Ellis he's booked onto this year.)  I honestly think they would have refused to come.  Ds has already said he doesn't want to come on holiday this year becasue of  various workshops/summer schools!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We have recently received the information pack for RB summer school and it states that all girls must be able to do their own hair during the course. My dd is only 9 and nowhere near capable of producing a bun to RBS standards.  Is it really the case that the younger ones are expected to do their own hair or are there actually boarding staff there that are willing to help in the mornings? 😬

The girls will all help each other I’m sure - DD said that at the summer schools she attended everyone was willing to help. It’s easier to help someone else rather than doing your own bun I think. Older students may also be willing to lend a hand and so may housemothers but obviously if your DD can practise doing the best she can with her own hair - and her friends’ hair - she will feel more confident. 

Please don’t worry about your dd not being able to do her own hair. By the end of the week I’m sure she will have got quite proficient at it!

They really don’t have to have ‘the perfect bun’ for class. As others have said the older ones help and advise but I’m sure your dd will want to do her own and be like the big girls! I know my then little dd aged just 10 wanted to do everything herself!! 

She’ll have s fabulous time! Xx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

So just going in to panic mode now it has hit July ;)

Can l ask do they need 2 leotards a day with sweating or is it not that bad, she is only 10?

Is there anything else l need to bring that they don't mention, l already have her a mirror to do her hair.

Thanks in advance x

One leotard a day at that age is plenty I would say at age 10. May be 2 for  last day. One for practice and then one for showing of work.

How exciting, I remember my dd doing WL SS! She absolutely loved it. What an experience for all our little dancers. 

Have a fab time everyone 🌺💐🍀

Edited by Dancing unicorn
Spelling
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, coniger said:

My DS went last week and I didn't hear from him at all!!!!  He obviously felt that being 11 he didn't need to bother to check in with home anymore!!!

They are all so lucky, what a wonderful week it must be. Can't wait to hear all the stories.

On 19/04/2018 at 21:54, Snowflake said:

We are packing a fresh leotard for every day so 5, one black they usually wear plain black for the parent viewing classes on the last day.  My dd likes nice cotton fabric and a camisole style, as it can get hot in England at this time of year especially in the south of England. We are in the north, so it’s a few degrees cooler, it can feel warm from my dd although it might not if you are used to the warmer climates of Italy !!😄  My dd has asked for a skirt too, not something she usually wears, but they are popular at summer schools she must believe.  Warm up boots as they move from class to class or a pair of easily slip on shoes.  They can take pocket money which is handed in in cash on the first day, my dd took £10. Food is lovely and they had a barbecue last time my dd went and she had lots of lovely snacks too. She also took a refillable water bottle for refilling at water fountains in between class.  It’s a wonderful experience, White Lodge is stunning and the grounds are beautiful.  Any more questions please feel free to DM me X

Hi

Just thinking now, when we drop her off, how do we get back to the station, is it a 55 minute walk? Do we have to call a taxi ?

31 minutes ago, Sarahitaly said:

Hi

Just thinking now, when we drop her off, how do we get back to the station, is it a 55 minute walk? Do we have to call a taxi ?

Hi Sarahitaly

Its quite a long walk - especially it you have luggage - I would google a local taxi firm and call a taxi to pick you up.

Although Richmond Park is a beautiful place for a walk if you enjoy walking 💕 I walked once to Mortlake station it didn’t take long about 25 minutes and it was lovely - I think Richmond station maybe further.

Is your dd excited?

Edited by Snowflake
Typo

• 1 month later...

Dear All

If you are not successful with RBS Summer School, and I hope you are. It is an amazing place.

Please check out our Summer schools and courses over the summer months on Facebook and Instagram, we have some of the best teachers/dancers in the world join us on our small intimate courses. Everyone always learns so much.

Feel free to email me for more details.

Thanks

Nicola x