Eugene Onegin

ninamargaret

A friend of mine was at the same matinee you must have been at, ninamargaret, judging by the time stamp on your post.  You must have seen Lucy Hall as Tatyana.  I ran into the other Tatyana, Alexandra Stenson, at an event last week and she was telling me about it.  I would like to see it (and I do like the Arcola) but fear I don't have time between now and Christmas.  I understand that the character of Gremin doesn't feature at all... that must mean there's barely any of Act 3 Scene 1 in the adaptation.

RuthE,the second part is much shorter than the first, and just consists of the duel, and then we see Tatiana  who seems to have become a successful author, at a book signing, where Onegin appears. Thank you for telling me who sang Tatiana, I didn't catch the announcement that was made about casting. While I missed not having the full story I thought this version came over very well - try and see it!

This just popped into my inbox (I will post it on the offers page as well):

FLASH SALE

50% off tickets for Eugene Onegin

If you book via the Arcola website or box office (020 7503 1646) this Saturday with the promotion code below, you'll receive 50% off tickets for remaining performances of Eugene Onegin at the Arcola. The promotion applies to standard, value and restricted seats, which means you could see this critically-acclaimed production for as little as £6. No need to be digging into the Christmas fund for this one! 

Use the code: 9DAYSTOGO when booking online (arcolatheatre.com) or via the phone (020 7503 1646).