Elmhurst audition queries

Coffeemum

20 minutes ago, Tutu15 said:

Does anyone know if everyone who applies gets an audition? 

I had this exact conversation with Robert Parker this summer. The answer is no. Because of the sheer volume of applicants for Elmhurst they are now ‘vetting’ applications before offering an audition. ENBS are doing the same for the first time this year. Some may feel it’s harsh but I can also understand from the schools perspective. Audition season is an expensive time. Not just for the schools but also parents alike. 

Edited by balletbean

12 minutes ago, coniger said:

Balletbean - is this the same for lower school?  Not everyone getting an audition?  

Coniger

The impression I got from

Mr Parker was this was right across all the year groups. However as I was more focused on US I might not have totally focused on LS audition area as a separate issue. Just taken it as a general policy. 

41 minutes ago, balletbean said:

I had this exact conversation with Robert Parker this summer. The answer is no. Because of the sheer volume of applicants for Elmhurst they are now ‘vetting’ applications before offering an audition. ENBS are doing the same for the first time this year. Some may feel it’s harsh but I can also understand from the schools perspective. Audition season is an expensive time. Not just for the schools but also parents alike. 

Thank you balletbean!

19 minutes ago, balletbean said:

The impression I got from

Mr Parker was this was right across all the year groups. However as I was more focused on US I might not have totally focused on LS audition area as a separate issue. Just taken it as a general policy. 

Thank you 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billyelliott said:

Oh dear - I thought there we’re some bursaries for overseas students !

At the time I would have agreed with you. However, it's probably been a blessing as we didn't submit application form as well as the fee etc. 

Much to our delight DD has received a confirmed (unconditional) offer at Northern.  Now focused on GCSE mocks and beyond without distraction.

One audition + one offer = one excited teenager and one very relieved mum. :)

Edited by balletbean
  • Like 11