Svetlana Zakharova - Francesca da Rimini (London Coliseum, Nov 2017)

I was at the dress rehearsal at the Coliseum for 'Francesca da Rimini', part of the 'Amore' triple bill presented by Svetlana Zakharova (and stars of The Bolshoi). Only 3 performances on the 21st, 24th and 25th November.

Here are some photos:

37671997435_ca91ebd9c4_z.jpg
Svetlana Zakharova, Mikhail Lobukhin
©  Dave Morgan. Courtesy of DanceTabs / Flickr

38528283552_8e7c4d1922_z.jpg
Svetlana Zakharova (and Court Ladies)
© Dave Morgan. Courtesy of DanceTabs / Flickr

26783862079_432a9ee500_z.jpg
Svetlana Zakharova, Denis Rodkin
© Dave Morgan. Courtesy of DanceTabs / Flickr

See more... 

Set from DanceTabs: Francesca da Rimini - Svetlana Zakharova (and Stars of Bolshoi)
Courtesy of DanceTabs / Flickr

• Like 6

Gorgeous.

So much wish I could be there. It seems to have sold well on Saturday in particular which is good- I did have a quick look and there are some lovely stalls seats left for - £500?????!

?

as well as some more modestly priced seats.

I was also at the rehearsal for Amore or better known as Francesca da Rimini with the wonderful Svetlana Zakharova as Francesca. Hope you enjoy the pictures as it is possibly my last ballet call. My legs are letting me down and it has become a struggle to mount all the stairs from Ealing to the venues. So thank you to all my balletco friends and enjoy your Ballet watching.

Svtlana%2BZakharova%2B-%2BAmore_048%2B-%

Svetlana Zakharova - Francesca, Denis Rodkin - Paolo and members of the company 

Svtlana%2BZakharova%2B-%2BAmore_038%2B-%

Paolo - Denis Rodkin and Francesca - Svetlana Zakharova 

Svtlana+Zakharova+-+Amore_123+-+Mikhail+

Mikhail Lobukhin - Giovanni, Svetlana Zakharova - Francesca, Denis Rodkin - Paolo and Guardians of the Inferno 
  • Like 11

Many thanks to you too Johnross I always enjoy the ballet pictures and hope you can get some improvement with those legs.....if it's not the knee it's the hip and if it's not the hip it's the lower back and if it's not the lower back it's the foot and if it's not the foot it's the knee........ad infinitum! The second half of Life has much to offer us but perhaps not in this respect!! 

Thanks for these photos in particular as I was right at the back of the upper circle last night for this !  Out of interest, how did you come to be taking photos at all these events? As a keen photographer I'd love to have a crack at it!

Merging in a thread on this from the tickets forum, this was much more than a vanity project (been to one of the from another Russian big name..).  I had positive preconceptions about the first two pieces but was dreading the promise that the third would show us SV's humorous side... In the event it was only the middle, Bana piece that left me cold - da Rimini had some great dancing despite the bombast of the stage set, and the 'humorous' piece overcame a few street-artist moments to deliver some genuine chuckles and a far less regal view than usual  onto the main artist.   It was a good evening and the audience was very enthusiastic.  Lots of bling and Bentleys around as you might expect, with the local oligarchs and their companions turning out in force..

As a trivial aside, I can't quite get my head around how everything on Svetlana appears so very long - logically if you have either long legs or a long back then the other should appear at least 'normal' to compensate as there's only so much body to divide up, but she seems to have both a very long back and very long legs (and arms!).  Must be some kind of optical/ psychological effect based on how our eyes and brains perceive relative proportions from particular cue points; for example a small head relative to the body or 'short' pelvis area?

Edited by Quintus

12 hours ago, Quintus said:

As a trivial aside, I can't quite get my head around how everything on Svetlana appears so very long - logically if you have either long legs or a long back then the other should appear at least 'normal' to compensate as there's only so much body to divide up, but she seems to have both a very long back and very long legs (and arms!).  Must be some kind of optical/ psychological effect based on how our eyes and brains perceive relative proportions from particular cue points; for example a small head relative to the body or 'short' pelvis area?

The El Greco effect?

• Like 2

Reading these posts persuaded me to buy a ticket. Got a cheap balcony ticket. It was a good decision as I won't get the chance to see these fantastic Bolshoi dancers live next year (sadly no London tour). Really enjoyed this show. Loved to see Svetlana in comedy mode very funny. The men were great too. Can't get over the heroic stature of Lobukhin in Strokes through the Tail. He must be a great Spartacus.

• Like 3

I don't think I fully enjoyed any of the recent programmes that featured a particular dancer.  Amore was really varied and done with good taste.  I don't think I expected a car-crash of a programme, but I really felt that my expectations were exceeded.  Surprisingly is probably not the best word though.    

• Like 4

On 25/11/2017 at 11:09, Shade said:

Can't get over the heroic stature of Lobukhin in Strokes through the Tail. He must be a great Spartacus.

He is :)  I'm not confusing him with someone else - he did do the live relay a few years ago, didn't he?