English Youth Ballet 2017-18

ArucariaBallerina

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a bit of a dilemma, there are 4 Fridays when we need to get to the rehearsal venue for 4pm.

School finishes at 3.15 but we'll be travelling from Derby to Nottingham. She only has one lesson in the afternoon but it's Maths or Science on Fridays.

School have been really good about the time off for the dress rehearsal and are also allowing my DC's to miss a day when my eldest graduates. 

I just feel like it would be pushing it to ask if I can collect her at the start of lunch.

Edited by Tatasmum
Screen jumps!!!

When my DD did Coppelia earlier this year, the first hour always consisted of warm up ballet exercises so if you struggle to get time off from school, they're really understanding about it at the EYB (I also overheard that it is for this reason that they allocate the first hour for warm ups). It's then followed by the actual casting/rehearsals. So I wouldn't worry :) 

1 hour ago, AdageKitty said:

When my DD did Coppelia earlier this year, the first hour always consisted of warm up ballet exercises so if you struggle to get time off from school, they're really understanding about it at the EYB (I also overheard that it is for this reason that they allocate the first hour for warm ups). It's then followed by the actual casting/rehearsals. So I wouldn't worry :) 

That's reassuring to hear 😊

Edited by Tatasmum

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Tatasmum said:

Are they given a t shirt at casting? 

Some, not all, are given a t-shirt just to wear for the casting day photos. T-shirts are then available to purchase at rehearsals (not compulsory!)

• Like 1

So DD is a 'party guest' and something else that she can't remember - 'they wore a puffy dress and lots of feathers'

? ???

Anyway, she's come home very happy. 

Has anybody got experience of Cinderella in Hollywood? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hoglett said:

So DD is a 'party guest' and something else that she can't remember - 'they wore a puffy dress and lots of feathers'

? ???

Anyway, she's come home very happy. 

Has anybody got experience of Cinderella in Hollywood? 

Hi Hoglett 

i believe it's an new production so everything new! How exciting :wub:

c4d

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know whether the dress rehearsal in the theatre is open to parents to watch, with EYB? I’m wondering whether to book a Saturday evening ticket and arrange babysitting, or whether I’ll get to watch the Friday dress rehearsal anyway and so can avoid faffing around finding a babysitter for Saturday evening (this is for Swan Lake in Wimbledon).

No, parents aren't usually able to watch dress rehearsals. Sometimes EYB sell tickets for the dress rehearsal to local schools at a reduced price so if you know anyone who is taking a school party you could maybe get in with them I suppose, but I have never heard of tickets going on general sale. Normally parents get to watch the last run through at the rehearsal venue but not the dress rehearsal.

• Like 1

The Friday afternoon dress rehearsals is for your daughters schools and local schools  ( appreciation this one is in the holidays) You are invited to watch the whole thing on the last day of rehearsals BUT there are no costumes, staging etc because it’s in the rehearsal venue. It really is worth getting tickets to see the actual performance. 

We’ve bought our tickets to see Swan Lake but I’m a little paranoid about how few have been sold! Someone tell me there’s a rush towards he end! Hate the thought of them all dancing to empty seats because it’s the summer hols! Massive excitement in our house over tomorrow’s casting! 

3 hours ago, Pups_mum said:

No, parents aren't usually able to watch dress rehearsals. Sometimes EYB sell tickets for the dress rehearsal to local schools at a reduced price so if you know anyone who is taking a school party you could maybe get in with them I suppose, but I have never heard of tickets going on general sale. Normally parents get to watch the last run through at the rehearsal venue but not the dress rehearsal.

1 hour ago, Pointetoes said:

The Friday afternoon dress rehearsals is for your daughters schools and local schools  ( appreciation this one is in the holidays) You are invited to watch the whole thing on the last day of rehearsals BUT there are no costumes, staging etc because it’s in the rehearsal venue. It really is worth getting tickets to see the actual performance. 

Thank you both! I will get tickets for Saturday, then.

35 minutes ago, Becca said:

Hello everyone! Does anyone know if the casting session is when they buy the t-shirts? So, should I bring cash, I guess is the question! Looking forward to meeting some of you tonight! 

At EYB Nottingham rehearsal I think they first sold the T shirts at the Saturday rehearsal. The casting one was rather hectic, they were signing parents up for Chaperones etc.

Edited by Tatasmum

1 hour ago, Becca said:

Hello everyone! Does anyone know if the casting session is when they buy the t-shirts? So, should I bring cash, I guess is the question! Looking forward to meeting some of you tonight! 

They don’t sell the t-shirts at casting, there is too much going on. 

Edited by Pointetoes

1 hour ago, Balletsister said:

Does anyone have the rehearsal dates for EYB in Crawley? Does it involve October half term? Thanks. 

October 6/7  and 24-28 ( half term ) 

November 2/3/4 

performance the following weekend.