ArucariaBallerina

English Youth Ballet 2017-18

Congratulations to all - DD got in, too. She’s assuming she’ll be cast as a cygnet (she will be a short just 10yo, working on Grade 4 by then) - anyone know whether that’s realistic?

Little dancers tend to be tzar’s nieces, courtiers or cygnets. There are only 8 cygnets aged 10-13 or so, but lots of the others, all decided on casting day. DD was a cygnet, and loved it, but her friends also really enjoyed the other roles.

• Like 2

On ‎02‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:30, Jan McNulty said:

Hello AdageKitty and Jay Jay and welcome to the Forum!

Thank you!!

On ‎02‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 08:53, Jay Jay said:

We will certainly give it a go because his friend is in it. Wondering if it may be your daughter AdageKitty? Thanks for local weather info Pointetoes. 

Hi JayJay! Just saw this, so glad you made it! :) We will definitely come to watch your DS in Swan Lake. Can't wait!

Absolutely delighted, ecstatic, amazed to say that I have been offered a full scholarship for EYB! I'm so happy, especially with many disappointments over the last few months! :) Thank you everybody on here for all your support and encouragement and advice always xx

• Like 28

3 minutes ago, ArucariaBallerina said:

Absolutely delighted, ecstatic, amazed to say that I have been offered a full scholarship for EYB! I'm so happy, especially with many disappointments over the last few months! :) Thank you everybody on here for all your support and encouragement and advice always xx

Brilliant news - I was wondering how you got on. A number of girls from my DD's old school were in the scholarship group so I was disappointed they didn't get it, but now  pleased it was you who did! Have a lovely time, I'm sure you will really enjoy it, and it will give you a great confidence boost too.

• Like 2

I was also thinking about you yesterday after the issues with summer school. What fantastic news, you must have performed brilliantly - congratulations!! :)

• Like 1

Hi ArucariaBallerina - just the boost you needed at just the right time . Well done you for not giving in despite your recent disappointments. Full scholarship to boot !! Delighted for you 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼x

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ArucariaBallerina said:

Fantastic news which made my eyes well up! Well done, I am so pleased for you.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hoglett said:

Today is the day for us. Eeeekkkk!!! :)

All the best to your DD.  I hope my DD gets a place, her last opportunity as a Junior!  

• Like 1

Well done to all auditioners! I'm sure you were absolutely wonderful ❤️ 

And thank you so very much everybody for all your congratulations and well wishes.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sugarplummum said:

Anyone going to the Nottingham audition today? 

It is dd first audition for anything and she is very nervous 😣

Sorry I didn't see this earlier, was a bit hectic collecting DD from school at lunchtime and getting her bun just right. DD was thrilled to get a place, hope your DD was successful.

The venue wasn't as comfortable as the Royal Concert Hall in 2016. I took a flask with me and stood for most of the time, had a quick sit down on  a bench during the boy's dances.

It was a no for dd 😣

She got totally overwhelmed and started crying when She was called in.

She seemed to have settled down by the time we went in to watch, but then when she got nearer the front she started crying again, felt awful for her 😢

Then to top it all off she needed a wee so had to pull her out to go to the toilet! (You probably saw me lol) Not a great look for her lol.

But I'm so proud that she faced her fears and didn't give in and I'm hoping going forwards she will learn to control her nerves. 

She did say she would try again in 2 years so she can't

Be too traumatised 🤣

Well done to your dc, there were alot of applicants so that's fantastic she got a place. 

And also very well done to @ArucariaBallerina

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sugarplummum said:

It was a no for dd 😣

She seemed to have settled down by the time we went in to watch, but then when she got nearer the front she started crying again, felt awful for her 😢

Then to top it all off she needed a wee so had to pull her out to go to the toilet! (You probably saw me lol) Not a great look for her lol.

But I'm so proud that she faced her fears and didn't give in and I'm hoping going forwards she will learn to control her nerves. 

Be too traumatised 🤣

Well done to your dc, there were alot of applicants so that's fantastic she got a place. 

Thank you and I'm sorry to hear that and I didn't notice you nip out. I was stood near the back. My DD didn't get in last time so now your DD has had experience she will cope better next time. I think it was worse for them this time as the 'audience' and panel were so close to the dancers. 

Edited by Tatasmum

5 minutes ago, Sugarplummum said:

It was a no for dd 😣

Be too traumatised 🤣

Aww, bless her, what a shame. These things can be very daunting. But sometimes we learn the most from experiences that don't go according to plan. Next time she will know more what to expect and will probably feel far more confident. Just getting up on stage and having a go is a big achievement so she should be proud of herself.

• Like 1

Hi for those who have been to the audition, what colour leotard did you wear and what style? 

DD will be attending Buxton audition. 

Also will she Def stay in with Junior group regardless of grade?  Shes 10 grade 5 and just started learning grade 6 too. 

Dd will have taken grade 5 before audition. 

Edited by dancertaxi
Info

11 minutes ago, dancertaxi said:

Hi for those who have been to the audition, what colour leotard did you wear and what style? 

DD will be attending Buxton audition. 

Also will she Def stay in with Junior group regardless of grade?  Shes 10 grade 5 and just started learning grade 6 too. 

Dd will have taken grade 5 before audition. 

My DD wore a black Bloch lacy cap sleeved. Her class leotard is getting a bit faded bobbly so I wanted her to feel confident and smart. Others had their regular class leotards on though. Lots of navy lilac blue black and a few pastel coloured ones.

On the email It says 12 year olds who are below grade 5 can audition for juniors so I think your daughter will definitely be in Juniors. Good luck!

Edited by Tatasmum

1 minute ago, Tatasmum said:

My DD wore a Bloch cap sleeved. Her class leotard is getting a bit faded bobbly so I wanted her to feel confident and smart. Others had their regular class leotards on though. On the email It says 12 year olds who are below grade 5 can audition for juniors so I think your daughter will definitely be in Juniors. Good luck!

Thanks Tatasmum. 

I was dreading them looking at grade 6 on her form ( takes grade 5 end april) and her being told to dance with those much older 

• Like 1