English Youth Ballet 2017-18

ArucariaBallerina

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, MAK said:

Ok so I know it's only Monday but as a few large snowflakes start to float around outside the window, with "Beast of the East" weather warnings issued for tomorrow and Wednesday, I'm already feeling slightly nervous about our prospects of making it to Wimbledon for the Swan Lake audition on Weds. Fingers crossed it's not as bad as forecast!

I was thinking the same but will play it by ear.   The media do tend to create concern, apparently everyone should commute home from London tonight before 6pm .....

I wonder if Miss Lewis will change the date if there is a huge amount of snowfall ?

• Like 1

There's only a light covering here at the moment and friends in Wimbledon report similar (with latest forecasts projecting the heavier snow for Friday/Saturday) so I assume it will be on although would be good to know for sure before we seen out!

• Like 1

Hi everyone! 

So this is where all the ballet mums hang out :D

My daughter is in EYB Rickmansworth this weekend, depending on how the snow settles, I hope I can brave it there tomorrow.

So so happy as well to hear that my daughter’s friend got into Swan Lake in Wimbledon after yesterday’s auditions.

Anyway, it’s my first post so will stop rambling.

Bye for now! 

• Like 4

Success for both dds today also, plus managed to get there safely and back, added bonus! Caught the end of the junior scholarship audition when we arrived, there looked to be some very accomplished dancers in that group. @margarite were you at the Junior or Senior audition?

• Like 3

Well done to everyone who got a place at Wimbledon.  We were thinking of doing it but couldn't face the journey in this weather.  Plus the rehearsals seem to take over the whole summer, how do you fit in a summer holiday?  

Swan Lake is a lovely ballet, I'm sure all the children will have a wonderful time.

We may well not do but there are two weeks of school holiday before rehearsals start and a week and a half left after the performance. We actually had to go for this one, partly for the location but also as rehearsing outside of summer hols would be impossible due to other (mainly dance) commitments 😉

• Like 1

Congratulations to your DS. EYB is a fantastic experience. 

Please do try and come to Rickmansworth ( the snow isn’t very bad here, compared to other places) and Coppélia is a great fun Ballet. Virtually all the cast made it to last nights tech run. 

• Like 1

On ‎02‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:30, Jan McNulty said:

Hello AdageKitty and Jay Jay and welcome to the Forum!

Thank you!!

On ‎02‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 08:53, Jay Jay said:

We will certainly give it a go because his friend is in it. Wondering if it may be your daughter AdageKitty? Thanks for local weather info Pointetoes. 

Hi JayJay! Just saw this, so glad you made it! :) We will definitely come to watch your DS in Swan Lake. Can't wait!

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, ArucariaBallerina said:

Absolutely delighted, ecstatic, amazed to say that I have been offered a full scholarship for EYB! I'm so happy, especially with many disappointments over the last few months! :) Thank you everybody on here for all your support and encouragement and advice always xx

Brilliant news - I was wondering how you got on. A number of girls from my DD's old school were in the scholarship group so I was disappointed they didn't get it, but now  pleased it was you who did! Have a lovely time, I'm sure you will really enjoy it, and it will give you a great confidence boost too.

• Like 2