English Youth Ballet 2017-18

ArucariaBallerina

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EYB haven’t been but Miss Lewis has her old company perform there in 1992. It’s a lovely theatre. 

Yes 7 th audition and will be her 5th time performing with them ( first two auditions were a no but she is resilient) 🙂

I spoke to them before hand and they only planned to take 70 in total but you are correct there is normally 100+ at both auditions. There were some very heart broken Juniors, some were inconsolable, which I hadn’t seen before. 

• Like 1

We were there and DD was selected. First time since Sleeping Beauty in Stevenage. DW thought the overall standard was lower than at SB auditions, although the best ones were pretty good (my money was on 11 to get the full scholarship - unfortunately no bookies would take my bet!)...

Edited by thewinelake

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, poodle said:

Hi there

We have paid and applied for Wimbledon audition in Feb but not received an acknowledgement.   Has anyone else or am I being impatient ?

:-)

I would get in touch with them as we got a confirmation email last month - obviously an admin oversight! X

8 hours ago, thewinelake said:

They tend to have periods of relaxation. I know Scott has been ill as well - and said that if you don't reply, they chase you anyway (eventually). I had the same for Rickmansworth.

Thank you.

I dropped them an email :-)

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/12/2017 at 16:23, Lemongirl said:

poodle - do you know when the rehearsals are for Wimbledon?

I've got the rehearsal dates for Wimbledon, if you still need them:

REHEARSAL AND PERFORMANCE DATES 2017

Wednesday 27th June casting & Photos (After school)

Monday 6th – Friday 10th August (5 Days)

Monday 13th – Friday 18th August (5 Days)

In the Theatre  Thurs 23rd August ( Eve Rehearsal 6.00-10.00pm)

Friday 24th August  Dress  Rehearsal/Eve Performance. 2.00- 5.30pm  7.30-10.00pm

Saturday 14th April  Mat & Eve Performance 2.30 – 5.00, 7.30- 10.00pm    

What I really want to know is the rehearsal venue - apparently the school they used last time was awful and they didn't want to use it again, but from a logistics point of view I could do with knowing whether it's walking distance / bus-able (which dd can do by herself) or whether if dd got in I'd have to sort out transport for her and (depending on lift-sharing arrangements and space in the car) childcare for my other child. I have to start planning summer childcare pretty much straight after Christmas, as things get so booked up.

On 19/12/2017 at 16:23, Lemongirl said:

poodle - do you know when the rehearsals are for Wimbledon?

Hi there

Sorry Just seen this and glad someone helped you.

No idea about rehearsal venue I'm afraid and i don't know Wimbledon very well so no idea where rehearsals are likely to be........

• Like 1

They usually let us know 2-3 weeks before hand, so hopefully next week. And then we will know where rehearsals will be as they are usually at the same place. 

Just looked at the info we were given at the audition and it says venue tb confirmed, letter sent by January 12th 

Edited by Pointetoes

• 2 weeks later...

For each performance there is only one audition, they  take 50% from the juniors and the same from seniors but it does depend on how many are audtioning because the cast is maximum of 100 children. Even if there are low on numbers of children auditioning they will still not take about 20% 

If you get a no you may still get offered a place because they do offer places off the waiting list. If that doesn’t happen it is definitely worth trying again - DD had 2 no’s before she got a yes and her last two auditions she has found herself in the scholarship group. 

Hope that helps. 

• Like 4

Thank you.

I don’t want DD to expect to get through again just because she has before and have not read of anyone not getting through subsequent auditions in here.  

However, I guess you never know ....

Edited by poodle

1 hour ago, poodle said:

Thank you.

I don’t want DD to expect to get through again just because she has before and have not read of anyone not getting through subsequent auditions in here.  

However, I guess you never know ....

Just to add I have seen seniors who have previously got through ( via reserve list) not get through. They were very shocked but having watched them audition I could understand why. 

• Like 1

Thank you for posting the dates confuddled.  So that's pretty much the whole summer holidays :mellow:

I'd also like to know where the rehearsal venue is, the theatre is fine as it's close to the station and there is a direct train from where we live.

My oldest dd, who is an experienced EYBer, is desparate to do a production with her little sister.  She says she would only do it if little dd got in as well.  Oldest dd is away at school so can't attend the audition but Miss Lewis says she will accept a DVD of dd dancing to assess her.  That's going to be a pain in itself, I have no idea how to get film onto DVD.

• Like 1

On 10/01/2018 at 17:21, poodle said:

Hia

Question for those that have done lots of EYBs, is it usual to get through subsequent auditions or do many get a “no”?

thanks 

My dd got a no at her first  EYB audition & went back next time & got the full scholarship so it's definitely worth trying again even if you have got a no in the past

• Like 5

12 hours ago, TooTu said:

My dd got a no at her first  EYB audition & went back next time & got the full scholarship so it's definitely worth trying again even if you have got a no in the past

Thanks TooTu.  Well done your DD for getting the full scholarship !

My DD got in first time round & was offered a place at the audition much to her delight.  I Just wondered if it was usual to get through subsequent auditions or whether lots got a "no" 2nd time round.  Shes's 10 so doing Junior audition again :-)

1 hour ago, poodle said:

Thanks TooTu.  Well done your DD for getting the full scholarship !

My DD got in first time round & was offered a place at the audition much to her delight.  I Just wondered if it was usual to get through subsequent auditions or whether lots got a "no" 2nd time round.  Shes's 10 so doing Junior audition again :-)

Sorry I had read your post completely the wrong way round!! I have only heard of a couple of seniors that got in as juniors but didn't get in as seniors. Good luck to your dd 

2 hours ago, TooTu said:

Sorry I had read your post completely the wrong way round!! I have only heard of a couple of seniors that got in as juniors but didn't get in as seniors. Good luck to your dd 

Thank you

I've told her it's all about her performance on the day :-)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ok so I know it's only Monday but as a few large snowflakes start to float around outside the window, with "Beast of the East" weather warnings issued for tomorrow and Wednesday, I'm already feeling slightly nervous about our prospects of making it to Wimbledon for the Swan Lake audition on Weds. Fingers crossed it's not as bad as forecast!

• Like 2