RBS Associate Yes and No Letters

dancing10

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi dancing10 Dd is from the Bristol Audition, i've heard lots of possitive's from there this year, personally know 4 yes for SA's and 1 MA from that audition already :D

Good luck to everyone else waiting.

P.s if anyone has any info about London SA's, numbers, times how to get there, what to do, tutors personal requirements please pm me

x

arrhhh thats typical i let my DD do the london audition for the experience of going to the upper school and made a weekend of it at the same time ..... looks like we'll be waiting another few days.....i'm not expecting a yes for DD for mids as she tried last year too and had a no but if u dont try u will never know......DD can always live in hope for another few days lol......

Congratulations to Swe, Karen, Sugarplumsmum and Amethyst well done to your children, sorry to hear of those with nos just keep plodding on their time will come xx

• Like 2

Just a message for Fran, and for others not successful: my dds friend was in JAs and MAs but was assessed out for SAs; she is an absolutely beautiful dancer, very technical and very expressive. We simply couldn't understand it, but she herself put it down to body type (legs not long enough, though that would be a matter of opinion.) Anyway, she auditioned for Laines last Autumn, got accepted with full funding straight away. So keep on going, keep your faith and there will be other opportunities - and they may just be better ones, even if it doesn't seem like that now :)

• Like 7

DD got her letter today a NO as expected but luckily she wasnt too bothered as she starts with Northern associates in september, so luckily it hasnt affected her too much this time, i think if she hadnt received a yes from Northern she would have been devastated its soo hard for them when theyre so young ...... Good Luck to those still waiting :) x

• Like 4

forgive me if I have asked before but what time was your audition, might have seen you there

big congratulations to your dd for getting into Northern, you must be very proud xx

Hi Dancing10 DD did the London audition on 15th January i think it was the second lot around 11ish if i remember correctly, they were all current year 7's in that particular audition ........... very proud of DD for gettng a place at Northern Ballet after what seems like a lot of no's from RBS & Elmhurst 2 years running she is over the moon and looking forward to it very much :D

• Like 2

DD got her letter today a NO as expected but luckily she wasnt too bothered as she starts with Northern associates in september, so luckily it hasnt affected her too much this time, i think if she hadnt received a yes from Northern she would have been devastated its soo hard for them when theyre so young ...... Good Luck to those still waiting :) x

This happened to my dd too- and I can tell you she has been at Northern for nearly 2 years and has loved it! The staff are amazing-very friendly and approachable and the standard of teaching is excellent. Well done x

• Like 2

Congrats on Northern! My DD been there through JAs, Inters and is now hoping to stay for Seniors. Which class is your DD going into? (forgive me if you already put this but not seen all the posts!)

F x

• Like 1

This happened to my dd too- and I can tell you she has been at Northern for nearly 2 years and has loved it! The staff are amazing-very friendly and approachable and the standard of teaching is excellent. Well done x

Amen!!! DD been there for years - facilities could not be better and the staff are wonderful - helpful, caring and supportive :) Let's hear it for Northern! xxx <3 xxx

F x

• Like 2

It's a no for DD too. She doesn't seem too disappointed, much less anyway than for WL! Maybe being offered a place at Tring helped even though we've turned it down because of no funding and doubts about the school itself... Anyway, she has the POB to prepare for now! Fingers really really crossed as money is not a problem there!

Thank you everybody for the never ending support!

• Like 1

Well done to all those with a "yes" and commiserations to the "no's"....don't give up.

Does anyone know if any boys (men) have received their letters for SA's? Have seen that girls have (March 31st). We are waiting for a family member who hasn't had his letter yet.

Thanks

NL

Hi letter arrived yesterday....It was yes!!! So thrilled for him, he only started to take lessons at age 11, and is currently in year 10, so he has an SA place for year 11, his first RBS audition. Lot's of hard work ahead, but a wonderful opportunity for him!

• Like 10