RBS Associate Yes and No Letters

dancing10

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is it true that the yes letters come before the no letters ?? im really pleased to see all the yes's and waiting list offers so far today...unfortunately we have not received a letter...shall i wait until i get a deffinate no in the post or prepare my daughter tonight ?? any thoughts

Congratulations to all those with a yes letter, it's been lovely to read about your good news but commiserations to everyone with a no. Please take heart though as this just means it's only a no at the moment. My daughter was never an associate, as she never made it further than the RBS waiting lists. She did get to the RBS summer school once but most years was either given a no or ended up on the the waiting list. She was on the waiting lists at age 16 for a DaDa at 2 schools for their 6th forms and then finally at the age of 17 was successful in getting a funded place.

My daughter never gave up, despite all the rejections and since graduating in 2009 has been lucky enough to have secured regular contracts.

Sorry for waffling on a bit, but I hope this gives some encouragement to everyone who is feeling a bit low at the moment.

• Like 12

hello had our mid letter today and its a big fat yes xxxxx So pleased for my DD .

Aawh lovely news!! What an achievement!! Cygnet in EYB!! RBS JA and now RBS MA!!!

Good luck and enjoy your wonderful news!!

Ax

• Like 2

Well, I have an absolutely devastated DD - she got a "no" so her time at RBS associates comes to an end. She is usually very brave about "no" letters but she has made some very good friends at MAs.

I am really upset for once as we are having such a bad time with life in general that this is just yet another knock :(

Well done to all with a "yes"

F

s

Consolations to you and your DD, the experience she will have gained from MA's will stay with her forever.....

Ax

Well done to your DD RachaelBallet12 i'm really pleased for her..... congratulations for those others with a yes. To those with a no i really feel for you it is so hard when they are so young and want something so much hopefully they wont be dissapointed for too long....my DD is also awaiting mids results no letter in our house today from RBS but a yes from Northern so DD is delighted.

Congratulations!! wonderful news and she so deserves it I am sure she will surely enjoy the experience!!

Ax

Congrats to all the yesses and commiserations to the nos. Fran, I'm really sorry to hear about your DD's disappointment but from all you've posted about her over the years I'm sure that there are many successes yet to come. She's obviously very hard working as well as talented. I hope she feels better soon and that happy days return for your family soon too.

• Like 4

Firstly Fran so gutted for you and dd I know how much it meant to you both :( how do you pick up the pieces!!! Your wise words have meant so much to us for so many years... No doesnt mean never when one door closes another will open and I hope it's real soon ;)

BIG HUGS

Cx

Edited to add congrats to the yes letters :)

Edited by charlie4dancin

Firstly Fran so gutted for you and dd I know how much it meant to you both :( how do you pick up the pieces!!! Your wise words have meant so much to us for so many years... No doesnt mean never when one door closes another will open and I hope it's real soon ;)

BIG HUGS

Cx

Edited to add congrats to the yes letters :)

I am not going to be much good at picking up the pieces as I am too upset myself. Normally I hold it together but so much is going wrong right now that I just feel overwhelmed by all the bad stuff... :'( - fortunately DD is out at her fathers this evening so I can be upset without her knowing it. x

Congratulations to all those with a yes so far. So sorry to hear about your dd's news,Fran. She sounds like such a talented dancer so I am sure that many opportunities and joys lie ahead. We await another no, I am fairly certain....

Love and hugs to all, it's such a difficult period for all our dancing children.

• Like 1

Thanks jellybeans-on that basis if you are auditioning for 2nd year SA, there aren't 'officially' any places as the current SAs haven't had their assessment. So are we really auditioning for a waiting list?

I don't think that that is an absolute; I think that if they like someone enough they will take them anyway unless the class is really full to bursting, which is unlikely at SA level

Edited to change lass to class!!

Edited by Jellybeans

Frangapani, I feel so sorry for you and your DD. It's very hard trying to keep positive when things feel so raw but time is a great healer. As has been said before, this doesn't mean it's the end of the road, just a blip along the journey. Good luck to your DD for the future, I'm sure there will be many positive outcomes for her.

Just rang RBS as DD losing her mind here and they said the letters are being sent out today. We should therefore get them tomorrow or Monday latest. Trouble is we're going away tomorrow morning and our post is always ridiculously late so we won't know for another 10 days! Don't know how DD is going to get through that time...