RBS Associate Yes and No Letters

dancing10

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be mistaken but I think everyone is told at the same time? The RBS 'start from scratch' with their associate programme so even if you have had a place before, you audition with new candidates and the results are sent together...

Let me know if I've got that wrong, someone!!

swe

When changing from JA to MA and MA to SA you addition with and hear at the same time as everyone else. Existing JAs are, or t lest were u til recently, assessed in class and told if they have a place for another year. Existing MAs have an assessment later in the year and are told then. I think this year they are in May and outsiders will hear before then! I presume if someone is assessed out then a place may be offered off the waiting list.

When changing from JA to MA and MA to SA you addition with and hear at the same time as everyone else. Existing JAs are, or t lest were u til recently, assessed in class and told if they have a place for another year. Existing MAs have an assessment later in the year and are told then. I think this year they are in May and outsiders will hear before then! I presume if someone is assessed out then a place may be offered off the waiting list.

Thanks jellybeans-on that basis if you are auditioning for 2nd year SA, there aren't 'officially' any places as the current SAs haven't had their assessment. So are we really auditioning for a waiting list?

• Like 1

Stay positive dancing10- 2 years ago my dd auditioned for MAs at RBS; on the very same day she received a 'no' she got a 'yes' from Northern Ballet associates! If she doesn't get a 'yes' for SAs this year (and it's highly unlikely she will) I am hoping she will focus on the summer school fun.

xx

Well done to all those with a yes, fantastic news! Fingers crossed for anybody on the waiting list - very frustrating when it means yet more waiting...

Mumtobeth - I know what you mean about wanting to protect them from the knocks, it's hard being a ballet parent :unsure:

Well, I have an absolutely devastated DD - she got a "no" so her time at RBS associates comes to an end. She is usually very brave about "no" letters but she has made some very good friends at MAs.

I am really upset for once as we are having such a bad time with life in general that this is just yet another knock :(

Well done to all with a "yes"

F

Sorry Frangapani I accidentally liked your quote. I really feel for your dd it is tough to get a no whatever age you are, but more so when you have danced with the same girls for a long time and made good friendships. I wish your dd all the best for the future x

Well done to your DD RachaelBallet12 i'm really pleased for her..... congratulations for those others with a yes. To those with a no i really feel for you it is so hard when they are so young and want something so much hopefully they wont be dissapointed for too long....my DD is also awaiting mids results no letter in our house today from RBS but a yes from Northern so DD is delighted.

• Like 4