Royal Ballet Spring 2018 Casting

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, alison said:

It appears that the usual batch of late tickets have now been released for Manon.  Judging by the small number left, I'd guess that those for the mixed bill had been released quite a bit earlier.

Thank you soooooooo much for this heads up, Alison. I know a number of people have seized the moment and got tickets when they had previously been disappointed.

• Like 2

I like Shklyarov. But why couldn't Halberg be replaced by someone from the Company? After all, each cast only gets two shows and there are quite big gaps between Osipova's performances and some others.

[I often wonder this when guests are brought in.]

• Like 4

I thought someone was going to post that there was a sighting of casting for the Bernstein triple bill - but now I look more closely, we're in the wrong thread for that :(

That's a huge shame, but I suppose management felt they needed to have someone of similar stature to Hallberg - plus the fact that there were two guest des Grieux scheduled suggests to me that they don't think they have enough of them in-house - and Shklyarov will be around at the time, anyway.  Has he danced in Manon before?

That's a real shame, I booked for both nights to see Hallberg.  The fact that I now get to see Shklyarov is softening the blow a lot though...I think they will be brilliant together!  Poor David Hallberg, I bet he's gutted. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Richard LH said:

Watson will have been out for how long by 12 May? I wonder how serious an injury he has....most unfortunate. I imagine Bonelli will be quite a different Des Grieux.

He last appeared in The Wind in mid November last year - so 6 months by mid May. 

Edited by capybara
  • Like 1

I wish Edward a speedy recovery. It is a pity that the leg injury did not allow him to go out in the party Leontis, any party in Des Grieux. I haven't seen the scene with Edward on 17 November. So wanted to see in may. I hope that by October Edward will be fully restored.

On 24/01/2018 at 18:13, jules_skichick said:

Obviously depends who you are - I phoned and asked specifically for one about 6 months ago and they said not sent out now

That would explain why the Summer one dropped onto my doormat earlier today, then ;)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, alison said:

I'm not sure whether it would play to his strengths?  Anyway, I really appreciated his Lescaut - wouldn't have wanted to sacrifice that! :)

While I think his Lescaut was beautifully danced I found it lacked the nastier edge that the character has. I think the softer character of De Grieux would suit him well. We obviously need two Alexander Campbells!

• Like 4