Yasmine Naghdi on BBC London News 12 October

There will be a feature on Robert Binet's Dreamers, being performed at London's Printworks, tomorrow at 6pm on BBC London News.  It will feature an interview with Yasmine Naghdi, who is dancing in the production.  

• Like 3

Thanks for sharing this article about the wonderful Yasmine, Jan.  I was at Printworks last night and it was a thrilling and unique experience to see the dancers of the RB and NBC working together with the audience mingling with them in The Dreamers Ever Leave You (I have posted a short video on my FB page).

• Like 2

I didn't manage to get a copy of the Standard, so thank you very much Jan McNulty for posting the link on the Forum.

It is a very interesting interview by Lyndsey Winship in which she portrays one of my most favourite RB dancers in a new light, revealing details of Yasmine Naghdi's climb to the top of her profession.

Thank goodness she didn't give up dancing when she was 16! We would have missed having her as a Principal at the RB. 

She talks about having suffered a lot when "a detrimental teacher got under her skin" telling her every day she was rubbish, about her loneliness when classmates turned their backs on her when she was fast tracked through the School into the Company: "It was a time when I was very much alone..."

Very moving also to read her anecdote about an elderly woman who came up to her sobbing, after her Juliet performance, and how she thanked Yasmine for giving her three hours to forget the pain she was in. The power ballet has on many of us! 

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Nina G. said:

I didn't manage to get a copy of the Standard, so thank you very much Jan McNulty for posting the link on the Forum.

It is a very interesting interview by Lyndsey Winship in which she portrays one of my most favourite RB dancers in a new light, revealing details of Yasmine Naghdi's climb to the top of her profession.

Thank goodness she didn't give up dancing when she was 16! We would have missed having her as a Principal at the RB. 

She talks about having suffered a lot when "a detrimental teacher got under her skin" telling her every day she was rubbish, about her loneliness when classmates turned their backs on her when she was fast tracked through the School into the Company: "It was a time when I was very much alone..."

Very moving also to read her anecdote about an elderly woman who came up to her sobbing, after her Juliet performance, and how she thanked Yasmine for giving her three hours to forget the pain she was in. The power ballet has on many of us! 

It is, indeed, a very powerful medium.  My husband had a long illness and I was frozen in fear.  It took Ed Watson's Mayerling to unlock the grief and I sobbed the whole way home on the train.  Probably not the reaction the cast were aiming for (!), but the RB has helped me a great deal.  I was always a big fan but in the three years since his death, it has been a healing lifeline.  I walk in that building and it is  a nourishing balm for the soul.  

• Like 16