Your thoughts - lightest possible high waisted dance shorts

Rosewaterandsunshine

Hello there!

I was wondering if I could get your collective thoughts and experience. I'm after the lightest possible black, high waisted dance shorts (horizontal leg ideally rather than high leg if you know what I mean). They are for use under a skirt so need to be light to stop over heating and form fitting so they can't be seen the the skirt is closely fitting.

I've looked at all sorts but the majority tend to be hipster (which then just ride up) or too warm or bulky. I thought of all the people in the world who would know my ballet friends would :)

All recomendations gratefully received!

I'd go with seamless black underwear. At my dd dance school they recommend buying Tesco (or other) seamless black shorts underwear instead of dance shorts for over their black modern tights because they're so well fitted and no bulky seams etc, so something like that could be an option! Oh and they're considerably cheaper than dance branded shorts. 

Theyre not a high waist as such tho but sure some of their options will be x

good luck finding something appropriate x 

I am by no means knowledgeable about dancewear, but if standard underwear is indeed acceptable, I have several pairs of black high-waisted underwear shorts from the Marilyn Monroe range which seems to be plentifully stocked by TK Maxx.