Semi-private adult ballet lesson in Birmingham

Bella

Hi, I am new here but I have been doing ballet as an adult for more than 10 years on and off. I am just wondering if there are any intermediate semi-private ballet class in Birmingham I can join? Or anyone around Birmingham would like to share a two hours private ballet class with me? Being able to share would make the class much more affordable while still benefiting from individual attention!! I would really want to get much better but feel i am getting loss in large group classes.

anyone interested, please PM me 

When I lived in Birmingham, ballet friends of mine used to do semi-private classes, coaching & Pilates with Julie Felix. I've done DanceXchange classes with her at an Advanced level, and she is amazing! I found her a wee bit scary to be honest, and I never received corrections from her so I was probably not up to her standard, but I learned a lot from her. And my friends really enjoyed their coaching with her. 

I think if you googled her name, you'll find her contact details. You could also ask Annette Nicolson - another wonderful wonderful teacher.

(There's not too much I miss about living in Birmingham, except the wonderful adult ballet options).

• Like 2

I am moving to Kings Heath/ Moseley area. Thank you very much for your suggestion. Let me check out Nicholson- seem highly recommended. I tried the dancexchange classes long time ago before I went away for uni... they are of very high standard especially the advanced classes but not very personal though as the class size was quite big. I would love to be able to dance at a higher level and therefore I am hoping to find smaller classes or some private coaching.

I know of kids who have had private lessons with Olivia Pickford  (I suggest see Opes summer school website for contact info) so she may be open to teaching you - I'd be interested to share with you only I live about 250 miles away sadly!! Good luck!