Panto Season...

MrsMoo2

Hiya,

Just wondered if any of your DC are auditioning for panto season?? I wasn't that keen, it taking up the whole of Christmas but DS is fancying a go.

Any experience greatly appreciated.

Rate he's going, he'll be a professional auditioner!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

xx

How did you get on with the whole hanging about thing?Β 

If DS happens to be successful, I'd be taking him as it's 45 mins from home then waiting around for however many hours, that's a lot of book reading!!! πŸ˜†

Guess we'll go for the audition first, see how it goes...xx

Β 

Hopefully there will be others going in the same direction, maybe you can organise a lift share? Β 

Β 

I studied for an Open University degree during my peak "chauffeuring" period. Β Maybe a bit of an extreme reaction to one panto season but maybe a short course or similar?

Β 

A favourite joke in our household: What's the definition of an optimist? Β Someone looking forward to panto!

• Like 1

For the past 3 years DD has done 2 pantos each year!Β 

Rehearse from September with performances in December and Rehearse from October with performances in January!Β 

It has required much juggling of children, time and brain power. Usually there are a few other DC doing it so multi lift shares going on and all parents generally chaperone too.Β 

Β 

This year DD is having a year off! I can't wait!

12 minutes ago, Farawaydancer said:

I did lots of chaperoning. It seemed to be a sensible option since I would be there waiting anyway.Β 

Yup, Β been there myself. Chaperoning definitely passes the time and comes with the territory. But I do understand that some productions do not allow parents backstage and employ professional child carers. Worth asking though.Β