leotardmum

UK ballet summer schools for 2018

12 hours ago, Balletdaughter said:

Has anyone had results of Elmhurst summer school yet?

No, still waiting . Do they contact us via email or post? 

On 03/04/2018 at 17:24, Mnemo said:

If previous years are anything to go by, I'd expect to hear something next week.

Thank you! Fingers crossed tightly! 

Aaah in the most dreadful situation! I have received both a no and a yes email simultaneously! My mum suggested just to send through the yes details! But she will ring Elmhurst tomorrow morning (it is torture!)

please please please please cross your fingers and toes for a YES for me!:unsure::wub:

Edited by ArucariaBallerina
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ArucariaBallerina said:

Aaah in the most dreadful situation! I have received both a no and a yes email simultaneously! My mum suggested just to send through the yes details! But she will ring Elmhurst tomorrow morning (it is torture!)

please please please please cross your fingers and toes for a YES for me!:unsure::wub:

Oh no...that's awful.  Mistakes happen but that's just not great at all. Everything crossed here. Do let us know.  

• Like 2

Hi, I'm new here. My DD did Elmhurst SS last year (loved it, but teacher made sure we applied to different places this year to get experience of other schools) and has got a place on the ENB SS week B this year. Just wondering, because I can't work it out from the contradictory wording on their website and offer letter, do all applicants for ENB get offered a place or is this actually a big deal to be offered? Thanks in advance x

14 hours ago, ArucariaBallerina said:

Someone at Elmhurst once had this for their Sixth Form place !!!

3 hours ago, ImgyA said:

Hi, I'm new here. My DD did Elmhurst SS last year (loved it, but teacher made sure we applied to different places this year to get experience of other schools) and has got a place on the ENB SS week B this year. Just wondering, because I can't work it out from the contradictory wording on their website and offer letter, do all applicants for ENB get offered a place or is this actually a big deal to be offered? Thanks in advance x

I have one dd that has been accepted and another on the waiting list (for the junior summer school) so they don't accept every applicant immediately.

28 minutes ago, MAK said:

I have one dd that has been accepted and another on the waiting list (for the junior summer school) so they don't accept every applicant immediately.

Thanks MAK. She was not selected for RBS summer or mid assoc so it's a boost for her to be offered a place. Hope your daughter gets a place from waiting list.

• Like 1

...... It was a no :( the lady on the phone said "well, if it makes you feel better we'll put her on the waiting list but don't hold out much hope."

I don't expect to get in but ballet really is cruel sometimes. I've had 4 Nos and no Yeses yet this year 😓 Beginning to think that however hard I work and how much I love it I will never be successful. But at least I have Associates and my EYB audition this weekend . Thanks everyone. I am going to book a week at OPES and try to find another nice and small but good quality SS.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ArucariaBallerina said:

...... It was a no :( the lady on the phone said "well, if it makes you feel better we'll put her on the waiting list but don't hold out much hope."

I don't expect to get in but ballet really is cruel sometimes. I've had 4 Nos and no Yeses yet this year 😓 Beginning to think that however hard I work and how much I love it I will never be successful. But at least I have Associates and my EYB audition this weekend . Thanks everyone. I am going to book a week at OPES and try to find another nice and small but good quality SS.

Look at KSD International Summer School it is fab :)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ArucariaBallerina said:

Ballet is cruel but some people make it crueller than it needs to be.  I do hope they had the good grace to at least apologise.

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, ArucariaBallerina said:

Have a look at Ballet Cymru -you'll love it :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jan McNulty said:

Hello ImgyA and welcome to the Forum!

Thank you x

36 minutes ago, ArucariaBallerina said:

You have associates so that's great! Well done on that. 😊 RAD have just announced a 3 day SS in Devon if that's any good. Looks like they've got some great teachers booked and it is residential in a lovely setting x

• Like 1

A yes for my DD for Elmhurst Junior summer school. So nice after a no to year 8 finals 😀

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ArucariaBallerina said:

That is very harsh and I hope they did have the good grace to apologise. Why not look at Emma Northmore’s or Tutugirl’s summer courses, both of whom support their students. 

• Like 5

A yes place for my DD but with Hammond full time place to budget for might be a pass for us so if on a waiting list keep hope may be others in the same position xxx 

• Like 1

My DD has received a No email saying she hasn’t been offered a place for Elmhurst Senior Summer School, but she applied for Junior Summer School (she’s 11). Is it worth calling them to check or shall I put it down to bad admin and assume they mean a No for Juniors? 🤔