London Studio Centre - Midlands Saturday Associate Programme

Dancing17

I gather LSC are rolling out their Associates programme for 14-18 year olds to the Midlands (Hereford).  Does anyone have any experience of their London one or have a DC participating in this new one? We mIssed the auditions this year but wondered if it is something worth watching for next year. Any information anyone can provide would be appreciated.

My DD has taken part in the London programme for the last two years. It was especially valuable age 16 plus when there are not many associates programmes available. Her local school is quite small and opportunities are limited, do it was very reassuring to have lessons from high calibrate teachers every week. The diversity of styles covered really suited DD, she particularly came to enjoy jazz and at the same time it kept her options open in covering styles such as musical theatre which she wouldn't naturally enrol for. DD has loved her 2 years, and may even do a 3rd if she takes a gap year. I have found thipeir admin some of the best I have encountered in a Dance context. It was the 2nd or 3rd year of the London scheme when DD joined, she did get the impression that standards were improving over time, so you may find the same. Talking to older students she had the impression that to begin with more or less anyone who auditioned was accepted, whereas now they audition over 2 days. They are very focused at trying to get all the students into vocational school and expect a very committed attendance level.