Elmhurst 2018

allnewtome

I have just looked at the Elmhurst website and the audition dates and forms are up!! BUT it looks like this year they are not inviting everyone to preliminary. It says not to send audition fee as the director will choose from photos and only those invited will be seen and therefore pay. Bit worrying as I am awful at taking photos!! 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dancer123 said:

Does everyone get an audition? or do you have to be invited??

After this years SS I was led to believe (but not confirmed) that not everyone that applied would be granted an audition.

Photo application first, then invitation to prelim audition, then if lucky enough the final. It may appear harsh but it does seem like common sense, for those applying as well as from a business point of view.

When you look at costs and man hours involved for each school to organise the auditions with the sheer volume of applications submitted, I understand that the camera isn't always a friend but we have to believe that the Artistic Director at the school knows what they are initially looking for. Fingers crossed. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just picked up via Elmhurst's Twitter account that they are holding audition experience days for both lower and upper school on the 8th October. These involve an introductory talk and Q and A with Robert Parker, a tour of the school for parents and chaperones and an audition style ballet class, which up to two accompanying adults can watch. This is in addition to the open days on the 22nd September and 6th October. 

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/elmhurst-experience-day-lower-school-years-6-9-tickets-38070492869?aff=estw&utm-medium=discovery&utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&utm-source=tw&utm-term=eventcard

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/elmhurst-experience-day-upper-school-years-11-12-tickets-38070676418?aff=estw&utm-medium=discovery&utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&utm-source=tw&utm-term=eventcard

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mimi'smom said:

Just picked up via Elmhurst's Twitter account that they are holding audition experience days for both lower and upper school on the 8th October. These involve an introductory talk and Q and A with Robert Parker, a tour of the school for parents and chaperones and an audition style ballet class, which up to two accompanying adults can watch. This is in addition to the open days on the 22nd September and 6th October. 

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/elmhurst-experience-day-lower-school-years-6-9-tickets-38070492869?aff=estw&utm-medium=discovery&utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&utm-source=tw&utm-term=eventcard

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/elmhurst-experience-day-upper-school-years-11-12-tickets-38070676418?aff=estw&utm-medium=discovery&utm-campaign=social&utm-content=attendeeshare&utm-source=tw&utm-term=eventcard

Thank you for this - place booked!

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

My dd was an Elmhurst Extended young dancer and did the audition day, it was even the teacher she normally has and she still found it useful. They explained about numbers and how you would be placed at the barre, then each exercise was ran through and the teacher explained what they would be looking for and how they would be expected to stand and where etc. They did explain it may not be exactly the same exercises on the day but dd said it was more or less. Dd saw it also as an extra opportunity to be seen, show your interest etc, but I doubt it would effect your chances of a place. Dd knows a girl who got a place and did not attend

hth

• Like 1