Reputable Dance Schools in Cornwall?

Bee123

Hi, we are considering a move to Cornwall as a family. The only thing keeping us where we currently are is DD is at a fantastic dance school, which is also her RB JA Centre, and she has loads of performance and festival opportunities. We've just been down to All England finals and, looking at the list of schools, there doesn't appear to be any dance schools from Cornwall making the grade... I'm sure this is not the case and there are some excellent ballet-focussed schools in the south west - so hit me with your recommendations please!! Many Thanks :-)

Cornwall is quite a big place were abiuts are you planning to move too, Bounce Dance Academy  teach up to advance one ballet in Newquay, Owner Rachel trained at the Hammond dance school and also teached there after dancing professionally and another teacher at northern ballet school in Manchester.  Geraldine lamb and totnes school of dance have a great reputation.  Jason Thomas in Truro duchy ballet teachers have close links to capital dance school in st Austell and Maureen Pascoe school of dance in Roach. BBO teacher Pamela Darlington has a great reputation and teaches up to advance one in BBO. If I can help anymore please message me. 

• Like 1

Jason Thomas is great for ballet along with lots of other styles, they get lots of students into vocational school and have fantastic teachers! My Ds goes to a school in Plymouth but had some private lessons with Jason before his final auditions, he said the lessons were really good and was then offered a scholarship to Tring!! 

• Like 1

Hi there, Ballare School of Performing Arts In  Saltash run by Laura Fleet is a great dance school - ballet  modern, contemporary,  jazz , lyrical, stretch,  Several pupils  in last few years gone to Elmhurst, Also does festivals - this is only recently,   but good results coming through. Also have Elmhurst associates run in Plymouth and RBS associates run at Dartington. Depends on what you are looking for. X

• Like 1

Geraldine Lamb Dance School in Saltash and Plymouth is fantastic !  All 3 of mine attended classes there. They have just won a silver medal in the Dance School of the Year competition. RAD ballet, lots attending RBS associates at Totnes and Elmhurst associates in Plymouth. My Dd and Ds both went from there to Elmhurst. Can't recommend the support enough ?

• Like 1