Elmhurst summer school

Liv56

Hello 

this is my first year doing elmhurst junior summer school and I'm very excited but nervous about staying over and what it will all be like ! If any of you could tell me what to expect and what the classes are like 

thank you 

Hi Liv56,

My dd went around 3 years ago a couple of times and really enjoyed it. The dancing included ballet/contemporary /jazz. There were around 20-25 in each group I think. I'm not sure how the groups are allocated. There's a performance showing class work at the end.

My dd found it very friendly. The rooms at Elmhurst are 2 beds but I think one time my dd had one to herself. There is an evening programme including a Q and A session with some dancers from BRB. Food is good.

I'm sure you'll have a lovely time!

My dd went last year & is going again this year. Last year was her first time staying over & she was nervous too as she didn't know anyone but said the house parents were lovely & made sure all of the kids were settled. DD shared with another girl who she is still in contact with along with quite a few others that she got to know. There were approximately 20 in each group but she felt that everyone got attention & were given personal corrections. She was in the youngest group last year & they done ballet with a bit of jazz & performed a ballet piece & a jazz piece at the parents showing of work on the last day. DD said it was a very friendly summer school & the teachers, staff & the other kids were all lovely & the food was good too.

This will be my DD's 3rd year of going...has always enjoyed it & gained in performance quality each time. Groups seem large but doesn't seem to have been an issue. The pastoral care is great too which is nice for us parents to know! It seems too short each time but TBH that is one of the reason's my DD has only done this one...short = much cheaper than the week long summer schools elsewhere :), another plus for us parents!