Royal Ballet Winter Season 2017/18 Casting

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, MAB said:

Seeing as Bernstein's links to the world of ballet were minimal, I'd personally prefer to be celebrating Petipa.

What about the Robbins Anniversary? - He was, after all, the man who commissioned and inspired Bernstein to write for the ballet - and with the success of that ballet generated a successful musical.  How many times does that happen???!!!   He also - during his lifetime - did have an RB association I believe.  Will it go unmarked - much as Tudor's anniversary was?  

Edited by Bruce Wall
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, John Mallinson said:

As someone pointed out before, the Robbins Foundation website mentions performances of The Concert by the Royal Ballet in December 2018 so, although not announced by the RB yet, it's not a secret. Nothing else from the RB on their list of anniversary events but one can but hope.

Thanks for this notification, John.  I fear I did not see that mention by a BcoF member.  As much as I like the Concert I wish there had been perhaps the addition, say, of another Robbins' work - there are many that have yet to be seen here - or perhaps - alongside The Concert - a work inspired by Robbins perhaps by Wheeldon.  It was, of course, Robbins who was responsible for giving Wheeldon so many of his breaks at NYCB.  As you kindly suggest, John ... perhaps there will be more in this pursuit and we should wait for the full 2018/19 season announcement which - or so I have read here - is seemingly to be presented a week today.  

Edited by Bruce Wall

Oh what a shame;  I hope Laura gets better very soon.  However, whether it's Morera or Lamb, nothing or no-one can save that ballet for me, so if anyone wants to join me in the Floral Hall for that one....there I will be!!  :) 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sim said:

Oh what a shame;  I hope Laura gets better very soon.  However, whether it's Morera or Lamb, nothing or no-one can save that ballet for me, so if anyone wants to join me in the Floral Hall for that one....there I will be!!  :) 

I LOVE the scenery and can feel myself in that set.

53 minutes ago, Sim said:

glad someone else feels about it as I do! I feel I should enjoy it more but can't.

• Like 1

I did sit through it three times during the last run, and it just didn't improve for me on further viewings.  I will try it again on Thursday night in case there have been any changes that improve it, but I'm not holding my breath.  I fear this will be another Strapless or Frankenstein for me!!  :o

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, alison said:

I'm starting to think we should offer a prize for the first person to come up with the casting information for TONIGHT ... :(

The casts are quite likely to be the same as yesterday's General Rehearsal. I scanned the cast sheet but couldn't upload the files as they were too big.   I've, therefore, taken screenshots of the scans.  Hope they work!

Edited to add that I didn't bother to scan the cast of Age of Anxiety as it's on the ROH website.

Corybantic Games cast.JPG

yugen cast.JPG

Edited by Bluebird
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mary said:

I do hope Ms Morera is better in time for Manon....

You and me both, Mary.  She is one of the best, IMHO, and doing it with Bonelli would just be the icing on the ballet cake of the month.

• Like 5