Serge Polunin (and other) Masterclass at Danceworks

LinMM

I think this could get lost in the adult ballet thread so am putting it separately.

Apparently Serge Polunin will be giving a masterclass at Danceworks in London on Tuesday July 18th at 1pm.

This class is open to 16 plus age group and will cost £22.

There may well be vocational students who will be on holiday by then so may be able to get to thus class.

I think you can book it from the link on the Danceworks website.

But don't have to be a vocational student to attend of course.

It doesn't say but I imagine the level will be Advanced plus maybe Danceworks have more info on this.

DD did  a masterclasses last summer with Michaela DePrince at Danceworks. It was fantastic but a word of warning the classes are big, the studios get very hot and it will be very busy because their International Ballet Academy Summer Show is on   It was possible to watch but you were literally stood watching through a glass window, no seats and very little room. Anyone that knows Danceworks will know it's very small. Having said all that she had an amazing two hours, sadly she can't do any of them this year, if she could she would. I just looked at the picture they took and there were 30 in the class. 

• Like 1

I suspect that's who it will be best for...... however I know dancers who are definitely not teenagers ( 30+ lets say) who do classes at Danceworks and who have been sent emails by Danceworks inviting them to try this class.

Yes, I've had that email as well. I just assumed that it was a standard informational one, not so much a personal invitation. All the information on the website suggests this is very much for young dancers at, or aspiring to, vocational school - the Danceworks YouTube site shows clips from Ms DePrince's workshop last year, & you can see the standard. She looks like a lovely teacher!

• Like 1

Well put it this way Kate I wasn't attracted to taking this class!! That's because I thought it's best to leave it up to the younger ones and would feel a bit guilty taking a place that a younger more advanced student might have had when I pretty much can guess I would be struggling by the end!! 

However I am hoping to watch as I know people who have already booked on the class and it's a day I'm in London anyway!

• 3 weeks later...

Lin

Thank you for posting the original notice for this.  Have just received a photo of a very starstruck DS with Sergei.  It was an early birthday present from me, and I don't think there was a single thing I could bought him that would have given so much pleasure.

• Like 9