RBS JA questions

Littlebear

My little girl has just been accepted into The Royal Ballet as a junior associate. Am awaiting further info but just wondered if anyone knows how it all works? Do they get invited back after each term or are they there for the duration of they are happy etc? Also anyone know what date term starts in Sept? Or where you get the uniform?? So many questions... hope someone can help! 

• Like 1

Firstly, congrats to your daughter.  Secondly, once a JA with RBS, your daughter will remain one until the end of Year 6.  She will be offered the opportunity to apply and audition for White Lodge and Mid Associates in the January of her Y6 year.  My DD only did Y6 as we didn't know of the scheme before and she was lucky enough to get Mids too.  Once in Mids, they have an annual assessment and have to pass this in order to get another year's training.  She was successful at her first MA assessment but she left halfway through the first term to go to vocational school.  She absolutely loved being both a JA and MA with the Royal and, as you can probably gather, made the most amazing progress.  She went to the Bath centre and absolutely loves the teacher she had there.

• Like 1

Term dates will be different for each centre but it's normally around the same week as school starts back (so beginning of September) but don't worry, within a week or 2 of accepting you'll get the full pack. You have to order your uniform from a couple of different places (using an online code for one to get your RBS printed leotard etc) but it's all very clear in the pack what you need to do, and you'll get full information regarding what is expected and things like the term dates for the whole year xxx 

Congratulations to you and your daughter xxx 

Heads up also, all JAs normally get invited to London for a workshop (normally in October half term) and also can be invited to watch a pre-gen rehearsal at the ROH each year.  Not everyone attends as often people have holidays booked etc but if you can attend it's a wonderful experience for them xx 

• Like 1

Congrats to your dd on getting into JAs! If you are able to make last minute arrangements, RBS has its annual school fair tomorrow (17th June): https://www.royalballetschool.org.uk/2017/05/15/white-lodge-open-day-and-summer-fair-2017-special-guests-announced/ It's always a very special day, and there should be lots of opportunities to find out more about the school and to meet other JA families and watch JAs perform. Just wish I was able to go myself this year... 

Edited by Yaffa
Edited to add date of fair
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dancefanatic said:

Firstly, congrats to your daughter.  Secondly, once a JA with RBS, your daughter will remain one until the end of Year 6.  She will be offered the opportunity to apply and audition for White Lodge and Mid Associates in the January of her Y6 year.  My DD only did Y6 as we didn't know of the scheme before and she was lucky enough to get Mids too.  Once in Mids, they have an annual assessment and have to pass this in order to get another year's training.  She was successful at her first MA assessment but she left halfway through the first term to go to vocational school.  She absolutely loved being both a JA and MA with the Royal and, as you can probably gather, made the most amazing progress.  She went to the Bath centre and absolutely loves the teacher she had there.

Wow thank you so much, that's really helpful. My daughter is so excited to start this journey! Do lovely to hear how well your daughter has done, you must be very proud. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Balletmum55 said:

Term dates will be different for each centre but it's normally around the same week as school starts back (so beginning of September) but don't worry, within a week or 2 of accepting you'll get the full pack. You have to order your uniform from a couple of different places (using an online code for one to get your RBS printed leotard etc) but it's all very clear in the pack what you need to do, and you'll get full information regarding what is expected and things like the term dates for the whole year xxx 

Congratulations to you and your daughter xxx 

Heads up also, all JAs normally get invited to London for a workshop (normally in October half term) and also can be invited to watch a pre-gen rehearsal at the ROH each year.  Not everyone attends as often people have holidays booked etc but if you can attend it's a wonderful experience for them xx 

Wow amazing, thank you !! 

1 hour ago, Yaffa said:

Congrats to your dd on getting into JAs! If you are able to make last minute arrangements, RBS has its annual school fair tomorrow (17th June): https://www.royalballetschool.org.uk/2017/05/15/white-lodge-open-day-and-summer-fair-2017-special-guests-announced/ It's always a very special day, and there should be lots of opportunities to find out more about the school and to meet other JA families and watch JAs perform. Just wish I was able to go myself this year... 

Thank you we would have loved to go but sadly can't this year... maybe next year. It looks amazing