CAT scheme at Northern Ballet

Bonnie2011

Hi i am new to this forum and this is the first time i have posted so forgive me if i am asking things that have slready been discussed. Please could anyone give me any information about the cat scheme at northern ballet regarding the times of classes, mds funding, whether the funding covers transport and equipment and how much etc.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Northern Ballet's website (northern ballet.com) is very informative and there is a section about the Academy where they post all the information about the CAT and associate schemes. You have missed the auditions for this year so will be looking towards 2013 now. I wouldn't have thought any-one will be able to give you exact details about times of classes etc (only their own DC's experiences)as that is determined on your age and what year group you are placed in to if successful. You can always ring the academy staff, they are very helpful.

For information on funding you need to access www.nationaldancecats.co.uk. This site will give you all the information you need about funding. The places are funded by MDS but this is means tested so how much you receive towards tuition, travel and expenses depends on parental income, so again there is no definitive answer I'm afraid. :-)

Edited by Kitschqueen_1
  • Like 1

Thank you kitsch queen for all of your advice. My daughter is actually in the associate programme at northern ballet but is hoping to transfer to the cat scheme this September. As it is such short notice I am just trying to find out everything ASAP. She is also on the short waiting list for rbs so we are weighing up all of the options. If we commit to the cat scheme and she is offered a place at rb then we will have to turn it down.

My youngest dd has also been given a place at rbs junior associates in Newcastle so I need to know if we can juggle everything.!!!

Will contact nb tomorrow and try to sort everything out. I just didn't want to be clueless when I spoke to them. Lol!!

• Like 2

Thank you kitsch queen for all of your advice. My daughter is actually in the associate programme at northern ballet but is hoping to transfer to the cat scheme this September. As it is such short notice I am just trying to find out everything ASAP. She is also on the short waiting list for rbs so we are weighing up all of the options. !!If we commit to the cat scheme and she is offered a place at rb then we will have to turn it down.

My youngest dd has also been given a place at rbs junior associates in Newcastle so I need to know if we can juggle everything.!!!

Will contact nb tomorrow and try to sort everything out. I just didn't want to be clueless when I spoke to them. Lol!!

Hi and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your DD's achievements up to now you must be so proud!! There was a posting about the cat scheme here on the forum, one of my DD's friends from JA's was lucky enough to get on the CAT scheme starting in Sept, she will attend midweek classes and some weekends too as they need to be doing so many hours in one week which also includes the summer school.

Good luck and keep us posted with your good news!!

Ax

Hi amber21.

Was your friends dd a nb ja or a rb ja. Either way my dd must know her if she was in Leeds. It would be lovely if she did know somebody!

My dd started the cat scheme summer course yesterday and is loving it so far. She has gone off very happily again today.

We think that we will be able to juggle Leeds and rbs ja for my youngest dd with a little help from my parents so all is looking promising!!!

Xxx

• Like 1

Hi DD's friend was from her rbs ja's class up in Newcastle and is not due to start until September 2012 intake. We havent seen them since June so am not sure whether she would be attending summer school this year or next. We will probably see you up in Newcastle in September!! Good luck with your juggling!

Ax