RB Titian project documentary on the BBC

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MrsBBB has just posted this on the Titian thread (thanks, MrsBBB!), but I thought it worthy of its own post in the news section*, too (particularly since I suspect I wasn't the only one who missed the showing of The Big Dance on Channel 4 last weekend :( ):

"BBC1 is showing a documentary about the Titian project next Tuesday 24th July at 22:35 (23:05 in Wales): http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/b01l8tgh

Imagine: Dancing with Titian

"Alan Yentob meets the all-star creative team who are transforming mythological paintings of the goddess Diana into contemporary dance""

Edit: * so much so that I'd forgotten there was already an existing thread on the subject :)

Thought this was an excellent film all round, gained lots of insights, like Machina more now I can see it properly, did anyone spot themselves? I thought I may have been in view when Christopher Wheeldon was filmed after the first night, but don't think I was. It must have looked great on HD, not bad on digital actually.

I wish they had shown this before the ballets were on; I for one would have got a whole lot more out of the evening.! I guess they wanted to show the first night, but it would have been nice to see it in advance. Ah well, if they ever show this bill again I will endeavour to remember this very good documentary!

Minna Moore Ede's highly imaginative concept and its multi-faceted realisation was so well portrayed in the Imagine programme. It certainly filled in gaps left by the RB's Insight evening and the £10 programme. The multi-media exhibition in the NG's Sainsbury Wing is well worth a visit.

I wish they had shown this before the ballets were on; I for one would have got a whole lot more out of the evening.!

I for two. Information in the public realm, so to speak, was distinctly sketchy. Mind you, if they'd had normal-price programmes I'd probably have bought one and got some more information out of it, but when the programmes start costing as much as the ticket then I start thinking thrice about buying them.

• Like 1