• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Arky and Mary put it very well - above.

And we can see as you 'like' them.

If only there was a 'dislike' button

As indeed ! "liked" their posts too.  In fact, I believe Bill was listing the dancers he feels are over-criticised by other members, far from criticising them himself.

In the spirit of the season can we please desist from snipey remarks to each other.

• Like 9

I don't believe Bill meant to 'dislike' them

I don't believe that the dancers named have been over criticised at all. This was not even what was put forward by Arky, Mary and Bill....they use very strong words, like snide, spiteful, and dismissive. Where they are described as 'technical.' This is why I post comments more that one line, where I explain in detail why I feel that way.

I noticed you liked those post too Janet, and must say I felt a bit disappointed that you did, but everyone is allowed an opinion.

So, I feel that opposite to Arky, Mary and Bill who openly feel that there are 'snide' comments about this. As a non-english mother tongue, these words are horrible and cynical, only to be used by people that deserve the same monikers.

I don't believe Bill meant to 'dislike' them

I don't believe that the dancers named have been over criticised at all. This was not even what was put forward by Arky, Mary and Bill....they use very strong words, like snide, spiteful, and dismissive. Where they are described as 'technical.' This is why I post comments more that one line, where I explain in detail why I feel that way.

I noticed you liked those post too Janet, and must say I felt a bit disappointed that you did, but everyone is allowed an opinion.

So, I feel that opposite to Arky, Mary and Bill who openly feel that there are 'snide' comments about this. As a non-english mother tongue, these words are horrible and cynical, only to be used by people that deserve the same monikers.

As an "English Mother Tongue" I find your final sentence offensive.  If the conversation continues in this manner then I shall close the thread as it is rapidly becoming unproductive.

• Like 3

I did not introduce those words to this discussion. I had to look for the meanings of 'snide, spiteful, and dismissive'  and the meanings of such words are really not very not nice at all. I haven't heard any descriptions of any dancers to be applicable to any of those words.

If so, then I have asked for any examples, like I say, I may be more sensitive than most. However, it seems that those words to be used for comments by users of this forum, I think are not nice at all.

I find that there is a pattern of threads which is showing itself more and more on this forum. 

A) a general discussion of subject in thread

B  ) some positive, some negative about views on performances or artists

C) some people criticise posts for being negative and themselves using very negative language

D) Split of opinions and increasingly negative

E) That thread going down a discussion of whether there is too much negative comments

May I ask then, in future, if someone feels there is a negative comment exactly that they quote it and say the believe it is not appropriate (or press the report button), or give a balanced argument as to why that comment is not correct in their opinion.

However, it is not productive to bring very negative words into the forum, especially without references or examples, and then just say, 'how dare you be critical of xyz'

I am sorry you were offended by my finally sentence Janet.

Edited by SwissBalletFan