RB Period 2 Casting

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the info Mrs BBB! I had a little look at Itziar's website which contains a number of pics of her as Firebird, and there are some clips on YouTube. It doesn't give the company, at least I don't think it does, but I assume it is Leipzig. She appears to be quite a tall dancer, not that it matters, perhaps she is just long of limb, she is certainly fleet of foot. I love that Firebird costume.

• 3 weeks later...

Cast changes for the Firebird triple bill:

In The Night

Saturday, 22nd December - 12.30pm

Marianela Nunez and Rupert Pennefather will be replaced by Zenaida Yanowsky and Nehemiah Kish

Raymonda

Saturday 29th December – 7pm

Rupert Pennefather will be replaced by Ryoichi Hirano (debut performance)

Friday 11th January

Rupert Pennefather will be replaced by Ryoichi Hirano

Edited by Jane S

That's really disappointing that he's (presumably) injured again. Oh well, give it to Kish as usual (whatever would the RB do without him? :) )

Edit: I was told today that it's actually Nunez who's indisposed and was the reason for the cast change for In The Night, but that wouldn't explain why Pennefather is being replaced by Hirano.

Edited by alison
  • Like 1

On ROH website this morning - Onegin cast changes.

For performances on 22 January, 25 January, 31 January and 5 February Nehemiah Kish will dance the role of Lensky.

On 26 January, 1 February, 7 February Valentino Zucchetti will dance the role of Lensky and Ryoichi Hirano will dance the role of Prince Gremin.

On 2 February (evening performance), 8 February Dawid Trzensimiech will dance the role of Lensky and Thomas Whitehead will dance the role of Prince Gremin.

Fernando Montano posted provisional casting for the new Ratmansky ballet on Twitter. Music is by Chopin.

Cast 1: Cojocaru, Kobborg, Benjamin, Hristov, Yanowski, Pennefather, Lamb, Watson

Cast 2: Morera, Cervera, Hamilton, Montano, Kaneko, Kish, Crawford, Trzensimiech

Not entirely related, but in addition to all the Onegins and Eugene Onegins (i.e. the opera) simultaneously at the ROH, I've just been on the Barbican website and realised that Deborah Colker's Tatyana is playing there at the same time. Has everyone gone Pushkin-mad?

• 5 weeks later...

In the interview flagged in Today's Links (http://faz-community.faz.net/blogs/tanz/archive/2012/12/15/christopher-wheeldon-why-cinderella-an-interview-following-a-premiere.aspx), Christopher Wheeldon says that his next piece is to Britten. Presumably that's the new RB piece due in a couple of months?

For those who weren't at the "In Rehearsal" on Monday, the music for the new Wheeldon is Britten's Sinfonia de requiem and Ratmansky is using an orchestrated set of 24 Chopin piano preludes.

Voices of Spring casting has changed: Morera is out, Choe now with Campbell, Maguire with Zucchetti (as seen in the recent In Rehearsal) and Alina & McRae have only 1 show.

12, 13, 23 Feb: Choe & Campbell

15 Feb: Maguire & Zucchetti

21 Feb: Cojocaru & McRae

Voices of Spring casting has changed: Morera is out, Choe now with Campbell, Maguire with Zucchetti (as seen in the recent In Rehearsal) and Alina & McRae have only 1 show.

12, 13, 23 Feb: Choe & Campbell

15 Feb: Maguire & Zucchetti

21 Feb: Cojocaru & McRae

Ironic.  I originally didn't book for Choe's one performance of VoS because everything else in that programme was cast duplication and I thought it wasn't worth the effort of trailing up to London just for 7 minutes or whatever it is.  Now I think I stand to get her several times :)

Thank you for that, Mrs BBB.  It's so frustrating not being able to get on the website and find these things out for oneself (or book for anything, come to that).

Full Apollo casting is now on the ROH iPhone app:

22 Feb, 9 Mar: Acosta, Nuñez, Cowley, Mendizabal

23 Feb, 7 Mar: Bonelli, Hamilton, Choe, Kobayashi

14 Mar: Pennefather, Lamb, Cowley, Mendizabal

New Wheeldon 1st cast is Nuñez, Bonelli, Kish, Hay. 2nd cast TBA but we know from the recent In rehearsal it includes Tsoares and Calvert.

New Ratmansky 1st cast: Benjamin, Cojocaru, Lamb, Yanowsky, Hristov, McRae, Watson, Pennefather. 2nd cast TBA (according to Twitter it includes Galeazzi and Montano).

I believe Beatriz was recovering from an injury for a while.

Looks as though there have been some wholesale changes for Monotones? http://www.roh.org.uk/productions/monotones-i-and-ii-by-frederick-ashton

Or maybe not, maybe only Monotones I is showing.  Who knows?  Time the ROH got their act together on this, anyway.  The page showing the casting for all 5 parts of the bill is absolute rubbish.

• Like 1