Ballets which have fallen by the wayside

I'm unsure whether the length is the issue (it seemed to fill the middle section of the triple bill quite nicely and was, I'm sure, longer than Ballo della Regina in the recent RB La Sylphide bill). I imagine the real problem is getting two technical and charismatic performers for such an intense performance (following in the footsteps of Nureyev). They now certainly have one in Zdenek, they just need to find another!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting to hear about National Ballet of Canada's performance of Songs of a Wayfarer, Dave. High praise indeed from you. In the first of ENB's Beyond Ballets Russes programmes this year they paired two shorter pieces together (L'apres-midi d'un faun and Faun) as the middle section of the triple bill. Could this not be done with Songs of a Wayfarer? I agree that it is harder for ENB than the RB to take artistic risks. However, I don't think that ENB needs to bring Guillaume Cote over. They have lots of very good male dancers, several of whom have trained and danced in Europe and may therefore be familiar with Bejart's type of choreography. As well as Vadim Muntagirov, I wonder whether Esteban Berlanga might be good in the Cote role.