RBS Junior Associates 2017

Balletmumlife

Well, over here we have been nursing our bruises after DS's no but he's not giving up! He said he's had two no's now in as many months and he's going to his Elmhurst audition Saturday so he can get the hat trick! ??

Have to keep reminding him that he has only been doing it for 18 months and isn't 10 till August so still time to improve and if you don't try, well you won't get eh?? Well done to all the yes's and sending hugs for the no's. 

S xx

• Like 7

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, MrsMoo2 said:

Well, over here we have been nursing our bruises after DS's no but he's not giving up! He said he's had two no's now in as many months and he's going to his Elmhurst audition Saturday so he can get the hat trick! ??

Have to keep reminding him that he has only been doing it for 18 months and isn't 10 till August so still time to improve and if you don't try, well you won't get eh?? Well done to all the yes's and sending hugs for the no's. 

S xx

Hope you and ds ok. Dd2 also got a no and dd1 now has 2 school places with 50% funding which is good but still means she can't go.

Not a happy household.?

Did not realise Elmhurst were holding more auditions.

9 hours ago, Mummy twinkle toes said:

Hope you and ds ok. Dd2 also got a no and dd1 now has 2 school places with 50% funding which is good but still means she can't go.

Not a happy household.?

So sorry to hear about your DD 2's 50% funding. That must be so upsetting I can't imagine.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mummy twinkle toes said:

Not a happy household.?

Yes, we are Elmhurst'ing on Saturday at The Dancehouse Theatre in Manchester. DS is obviously keen on the idea of this being as it will be his last chance at associates till year 6, plus he likes that it's central manchester. (We live in a field up a mountain in Wales!!??)

Talked last night about what he will do if he gets another no, and have agreed to fund extra classes with his current school. DS seems happy with this but then try again for associates next year. Didn't even get into the vocational school conversation! Financially that would be a nightmare...? xxx

2 hours ago, Balletnewbie said:

My dd has a yes!! After having a no for the past 2 years we really thought it was going to be a no again! Sooo excited x

How lovely! Just proves never to give up on your dream and keep on trying!

Edited by Princessballerina
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, Mummy twinkle toes said:

Not a happy household.?

What funding is available ? I thought we just had to pay the fees ? X

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrsMoo2 said:

Yes, we are Elmhurst'ing on Saturday at The Dancehouse Theatre in Manchester. DS is obviously keen on the idea of this being as it will be his last chance at associates till year 6, plus he likes that it's central manchester. (We live in a field up a mountain in Wales!!??)

Talked last night about what he will do if he gets another no, and have agreed to fund extra classes with his current school. DS seems happy with this but then try again for associates next year. Didn't even get into the vocational school conversation! Financially that would be a nightmare...? xxx

Good luck for Manchester. All fingers and toes crossed

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Princessballerina said:

How lovely! Just proves never to give up on your dream and keep on trying!

This is so true.  The children are continuously improving and developing all the time.  It might sometimes be away from being the perfect ballet shape but it also might be towards being exactly what any given panel are after ?

• Like 4

16 hours ago, ButterflyBallerina said:

I did think that may be it, but thought worth a double check x

There is means tested funding available for all Associate programmes and travel allowances too.

I think dd was awarded something like 70% travel allowance for her and one parent.

This was Advanced Associates so classes only held at Covent Garden.

I hope London is soon! My daughter was supposed to audition in Leeds but had chickenpox. They kindly let us audition in London (meaning we had a nice day out!!!). I know Leeds have already been sent out so guessing hers will be with the London set. 

• Like 1

Hi everyone, I wanted to share our good news, my daughter has been offered a place at the Totnes centre yr 5 I take it as she is in year 5 at school ? 32 sessions? I'm not sure how this all works, she has only been dancing for a year so it was her first audition, She is going to be thrilled as am I, one very proud mummy ? Good luck to everyone else receiving emails x x

• Like 11

NIcolaP17, congratulations to your dd! If I've read your question correctly, if she's currently in yr 5 at school she'll have got a yr 6 place starting in September x 

Your info pack will come in a week or 2 so you'll get lots more info then xxxx so for now enjoy the celebrations x 

• Like 1