RBS Junior Associates 2017

Balletmumlife

So excited about all the yeses and huge commiserations for the no- not yets. We are expecting the latter from London but don't think we'll hear until next week at the earliest- probably on little DS's birthday I expect!! Congratulations all and onwards and upwards too! 

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has the Birmingham results just been missed out or has no one on here auditioned at that centre? 

We are waiting on bath which I thought would be the end of the week ( assuming one centre a day) but now thinking it could be this evening or tomorrow! Not that DD is bothered after getting no's the last 2 years, she just loves the chance to dance with a ja teacher and with the bonus of a day off school x

• Like 1

This came when I replied to our letter-

esults of Junior Associate audition classes will be emailed in Mid-June to early July following discussion and final decisions from the selection panel. Results are sent in schedule order: Newcastle, Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds, Eastleigh, Bath, Totnes & London. 

Congrats to all the yes's. Exciting times!

Received an email today offering my dd a place on 'a short waiting list' for London Yr 6. More than I was expecting I must say!! But really encouraging for dd who received a couple of straight no's recently.

We auditioned in Birmingham for a London place, with Birmingham as 2nd choice. Guess that's why we've heard earlier than London people?

Need to email them back to confirm wl place and also state the 'wait list status' - not sure what that means??

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Dancer123 said:

silly question but is it the same judges at each of the centres? I know each centre might have one of the teachers there but do the judges tour around or is it completely different people at each centre?

As far as I'm aware, Mark Annear seems to be at all of the JA/MA auditions. I think Sylvia Hubbard goes to all of them too. 

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 20:46, Pups_mum said:

Congrats to all the yesses and commiserations to the nos. It's over a decade since I opened DD's first no letter but I remember the feeling and the dread of telling her. But kids are more resilient than you imagine, and there are many roads to Rome. (And indeed multiple alternative but equally attractive destinations to Rome...)

Just a slight word of caution to those thinking of delaying the news. The ballet world is a small place, and even more so nowadays with social media and so on. If you are going to save your news til later, you might want to think about the chances of your DCs hearing from another source that the results are out. A school friend from another dance school may make an announcement for instance, or the other children at the next audition could be discussing the results. If that happens you could be forced to reveal your hand at an even more inopportune moment. It's just worth a thought.

Pups_mum that was us too! So to all the lovely dc and their families who got something other than a yes this week, please keep up your hopes and dreams. If you really love dance a way will be found. My dd was devastated to get a no all those years ago but it made her even more determined.

18 hours ago, MAK said:

Congratulations! Interesting that you have been given SWL for London before people auditioning in London have had their results! Hope a place comes available for your dd! 

Yes it's all a bit of a mystery to me!!:blink:

Have put dd down for London and B'ham SWLs to increase her chances, so we'll see.

And thank you mnemo and Pups_mum for your wise words!

• Like 2

Hi! Am new to all this and my dd got a swl for Eastleigh yesterday! Has anyone ever heard of anyone ever getting a place from having been on a swl? Seems crazy that anyone would refuse their place!  Congratulations to those with a "yes", it's a tough process! X x

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sfinn77 said:

Hi! Am new to all this and my dd got a swl for Eastleigh yesterday! Has anyone ever heard of anyone ever getting a place from having been on a swl? Seems crazy that anyone would refuse their place!  Congratulations to those with a "yes", it's a tough process! X x

Fingers crossed that you get a place! I think sometimes people apply to a few associate type programs so it might be she gets a place from the waiting list. What age group is she? 

4 hours ago, Sfinn77 said:

Hi, my daughter is also on the SWL for Eastleigh for a yr6 place.  

• Like 2

Welcome to our newbies! It was a long time ago now, but my eldest son got a place in July after being on the waiting list and went on to get a place at WL and a short ballet career! Youngest son also was on waiting list and didn't get a place. Just about to graduate with a non-dance related degree :-) ) and daughter got a place straight off, loved being a JA, but will hopefully be a vet in a year's time!!

• Like 10