The Wait begins!!

Tutu Cute

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you have to pay more to go to finals - I believe its covered in your initial audition fee so I don't think its a money spinner.

I would think its so that they can have a closer look at people they might be interested in. The short class they do at the initial audition doesn't really give them time to put someone through their paces enough to see if they are up to the standard of the year group they will be joining.

They may not know at the time you audition if there are any spaces available for the year you're auditioning for. So they are in effect keeping their options open by calling back those for years 8 - 11. With W/L their accommodation isn't very flexible each year go in specific areas. Where as Elmhurst's accommodation is very flexible. Both schools don't do their apprasials until just before the Feb half term which then confirms how many places may be available for the following September. Also remember that Elmhurst don't assess anyone out until year 9 and usually not many.

On the academic front if they used that my DS would nver have got accepted any where!

Edited by KathyG
  • Like 1

I have a question about RBS lower school finals. On the website it states that the auditions are on two days towards the end of February. Does that mean they have yr 7 hopefuls on one day and the yr 8-11 hopefuls on the other or are both days a mixture? Thanks for any replies.

I have a question about RBS lower school finals. On the website it states that the auditions are on two days towards the end of February. Does that mean they have yr 7 hopefuls on one day and the yr 8-11 hopefuls on the other or are both days a mixture? Thanks for any replies.

I haven't checked for this year, but it's usually the boys and year 8+ girls on the Friday and girls for year 7 on the Saturday.

@Sniffymum

Yes they do pointe work in the year 8 final but they should have asked you to bring pointe shoes with you in your information letter about the finals day. When my DD went, she had only been on pointe for about 4 months and I don't think they expect that much in this year group. I think it was only a bit at the end of the audition.

Other than the fact that there are far fewer children (about 5 in each year for years 8-10, so about 15 in total) and they are all in together, it isn't much different to the big final day for the year 7 intake.

They usually only take one additional into a year group, if they take any at all. The year my DD went, they took a girl who had got a waiting list place for year 7 into year 8. It is still a fantastic achievement to be one of the very few selected for final in these years, it means that they are very interested in you.

Good Luck to your DD on (i assume) Friday! Let us know how it went.