ROH Day seats

Was wondering if anyone here had tried to get one of the 67day seats from the Royal Opera House before? Was contemplating attempting this tomorrow but have no idea of A) price range B) whether or not to expect massive queues or C) If the seats are any good or just ad sightline ones that they would usually struggle to sell.

Would appreciate any advice/storeis from people's previous experiences.

Many thanks

The amphitheatre ones are rows S and T, in the middle and fairly cheap, if you're used to sitting this high up and have binoculars they are fine, not restricted. No experience of the others, stalls circle I believe.

I queue quite often (because I never seem to get the tickets I want these days and because I have the time). On Saturday for the first night of Titian I got there at 8.30 (box office opens at 10) and was about 15th in the queue - the queue reached about 40 by 10 o'clock. That was unusual. I generally get there at 9.15 to 9.30 to be no. 6 or 7. Does depend on what's on, with most triples markedly less popular than, say R & J. It's only one ticket per person but you can get a second if you go to the back of the queue again.

Thanks all-this is one of the reasons that I love this forum-how else would I get to hear all this?

I really hadn't a clue whether it would be worth treking into town for a day seat and/or how early I'd have to get there but this information is both hopeful and invaluable. Brilliant news that returns and unsold day seats go on sale online around 11-I might not have to queue in the rain after all! I only discovered the forum a few months ago, I'd feel quite lost without it now.

• Like 2