Date format in quoted posts

Since the software has been upgraded I’ve noticed a minor change which could lead to confusion.

When the date of a quote is given, the format used is now:

month/day (US format)

as opposed to:

day/month (UK format ) 

eg March 30 is written 3/30

Might this be due to a setting on my computer or is it a feature of the new software?

If it is a feature of the new software, it could, in theory, lead to confusion with a date such as 5/4 which would normally mean April 5 but, if written in the US format would mean May 4.

Edited by Bluebird

Well, the one I was reading just before this was this thread:

Not only does it have the dates in American format (and I agree with Bluebird that that will be really confusing, especially since the site as a whole uses UK format!), but it also does weird things like "1 hour ago", and that seemingly will never change, even days after the event!

I can't see any options for standard users to change their settings: in fact, I don't think I've ever seen forum software which offered so few choices to the user (and bear in mind that as I'm a Moderator I might be expected to see additional options which the general public don't have).

I may be being obtuse but I don't understand what you are saying. Scanning through a whole lot of quote dates they are in the form "On March 11, 2017 at 14:06, xxxxxx said:". It remains to be seen whether the "Thursday at 02.39" in the post you quote will update  to a proper date next Thursday!

As far as I can see labelling posts with days of the week applies (logically) to the previous seven days and then changes to a real date.

I still can't find any date in US format so could you please give a link to where you find one.

I'm not seeing a problem either, to be honest.  For example, I went back into my Links post this morning within a minute, having spotted a typo that I'd missed to that point.  The post then started by displaying 'Edited a minute ago' and now it's saying 'Edited 3 hours ago.'

Okay, well, that seems to have resolved itself somehow.  The dates have reversed from 4/6 to 06/04, and the "x hours ago" have gone too.  No idea how that happened, but good to see.

Ah, no, it turns out that it's browser-specific.  The above relates to my Firefox, whereas my original remarks were when viewed in Internet Explorer.

On 4/8/2017 at 00:14, John Mallinson said:

Can you point me to an example? After the new software was installed dates in quoted posts were in US format but I changed a setting and on my devices they are now dd/mm/yyyy. 

Sorry, I've only just seen this, John.  I can't find a way to insert an attachment to this post so will email you a screenshot of a quoted post in the US format.