Photo ID for vocational exam

charlie4dancin

I think there is a way round it C4D. I can't remember exactly what it was as my DD did have her passport, but I'm sure when she got the paperwork for her Intermediate there was some alternative that involved the teacher having to verify id. If your teacher doesn't know, I'm sure RAD HQ will be able to help. When's the exam?

Do check. they are very strict. Even my son who once had his nappy changed on the then major exams desk and considered the lovely ladies his "aunties" who gave him biscuits every Friday morning when I taught at headquarters and have since followed his progress- had to ask for id at his adv 2 exam! There was (or used to be) even one of his cv dance shots on a desk but rules are rules and no exceptions made.

Do check. they are very strict. Even my son who once had his nappy changed on the then major exams desk and considered the lovely ladies his "aunties" who gave him biscuits every Friday morning when I taught at headquarters and have since followed his progress- had to ask for id at his adv 2 exam! There was (or used to be) even one of his cv dance shots on a desk but rules are rules and no exceptions made.

DD is taking her exam at her own dance school.

DD is taking her exam at her own dance school.

Yes but apparently photo id is still required at vocational level- a bit bizarre as the teacher knows her own students, but there you go. Your teacher should be able to help advise you and certainly do check options with the RAD.
  • Like 1

According to the link that I posted earlier in the thread, if the exam is at an Approved Examination Centre (which I think means teacher's own studio) then photo ID is not needed. It says" the Applicant agrees to ensure the identity of the candidate at the time of the examination." (I presume the Applicant is the teacher entering students for the exam)

But for RAD Approved Venue Examinations " All candidates are required to show valid photographic identification when signing in on the day of the examination."

So it looks as if photo ID is not required at teacher's own studios.

Edited by Pups_mum

Thats really useful information, thankyou! We don't use our studios for vocational exams as we find that parents and students appreciate the higher standard required at this level if the exam is taken at Headquarters. (our nearest venue.) It helps makes the distinction between graded exams and vocational.

• Like 2

My dd would have taken her exam at HQ, but since her teacher is having a big exam session anyway it makes sense this time for her to take it locally. Next time it will be in London I'm sure. Dd has already been there for workshops; I sent her on purpose so she would be familiar with the building!

• Like 1

The photo ID form referred to by Pups_mum (I think it is available on the RAD website, maybe in a teachers' section?) is VERY simple to complete and you just stick a photo of your DD on it. You complete her name, DOB, exam level etc information and then her teacher signs it to confirm that the photo and details are those of her pupil, your DD.