22 OCTOBER 2017 Le Corsaire Live from Moscow

26 NOVEMBER 2017 The Taming of the Shrew Captured live on Jan 24, 2016

17 DECEMBER 2017 The Nutcracker Captured live on Dec 21, 2014

21 JANUARY 2018 Romeo and Juliet New production Live from Moscow

04 FEBRUARY 2018 The Lady of the Camellias Captured live on Dec 06, 2015

04 MARCH 2018 The Flames of Paris New production Live from Moscow

08 APRIL 2018 Giselle Captured live on Oct 11, 2015

10 JUNE 2018 Coppélia Live from Moscow

The information gathered from the Pathe website (in english): http://www.pathelive.com/programme/the-bolshoi-ballet-2017-2018-1#programme

The french version has more info on the individual productions at present, I don't read french so I don't know why The Flames of Paris is down as a new production. The Romeo & Juliet is by Ratmansky, so new to the Bolshoi.

• Like 7

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Bolshoi Ballet: Le Corsaire (2017).  Sun 22nd Oct    16.00.

Picturehouse Cinemas.    https://www.picturehouses.com/cinema/Clapham_Picturehouse/film/bolshoi-ballet-le-corsaire-2017

Found the casting only in Russian: Smirnova, Tsvirko, Loparevich, Savin, Khokhlova, Yanin, Stashkevich, Lopatin, Rodkin.  http://www.theatrehd.ru/ru/titles/6344

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

They are.  It just wasn't included in their "Events" flyer, for some reason.

I've found just about all my Bolshoi cast sheets/synopses apart from Le Corsaire.  Could someone please remind me of what the scenes for each act are, please?  This is such a long ballet, and combine that with a 4 pm start in the UK and I don't think I could make the whole thing.  What would I be missing if I skipped the beginning or the end?

All the performances start at 4 pm, so perhaps it isn't live for once?  Anyway, I hate to break it to you, but the Victoria Curzon seems to be sold out - unless it was just my browser?

Desperately hunting for a cast sheet so I can find the splits ...

Oh, thanks, Amelia, I've just spotted that you've added them.

Most Bolshoi showings in the UK start at 3 pm: I guess this one unfortunately happens to fall in the gap when we're still on summer time and Russia has moved onto winter time, and combined with its extreme length that makes it a bit unwieldy.  Guess I might be able to make Acts I and II, though - would I be right in guessing that the Jardin Anime is in Act II - it's not absolutely obvious from the synopsis?  I'm sure I do have a Bolshoi programme around here somewhere, I just can't find it at the moment.

Oh, and Odeons-wise, I have spotted some outer London ones: Wimbledon, Richmond (I think it was) and Beckenham.  Wimbledon at least ought to be relatively easy to get to unless there are engineering works.  Brixton's Ritzy seems to have stopped showing them.

I've sort of got used to it by now - assuming that my assumption's right.  It would seem to make sense, because I have noticed it in autumn and spring before.

Talking of timings, if anyone's planning on going to the re-showing of Taming of the Shrew, which I think is in a few weeks, you'd do well to check up on timings now-ish.  I noticed some noon and 1 pm showings while I was browsing for Corsaire.

• Like 1

Good advice - thank you Alison. All the Bolshoi showings throughout the forthcoming months at My Vue are listed as 4pm irrespective of Moscow or British time so I guess one should check each one  beforehand just to be sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Nowhere does this ad say that it's a film/broadcast of a performance, rather than an actual performance! If you didn't know otherwise you would turn up expecting to see the Bolshoi performing live... (As with all the other Bolshoi broadcasts listed.) Just saying.

10 hours ago, bridiem said:

Nowhere does this ad say that it's a film/broadcast of a performance, rather than an actual performance! If you didn't know otherwise you would turn up expecting to see the Bolshoi performing live... (As with all the other Bolshoi broadcasts listed.) Just saying.

It looks that on 10 December a recorded  version of The Nutcracker will be shown in cinemas because on that date the Bolshoi will show ballet “Nureyev” on Historic Stage and opera “Cephalus and Procris” on New Stage,
http://www.bolshoi.ru/en/timetable/#2017-12

The Bolshoi Nutcracker in December was always going to be the 2014 recording. The date has changed to 3rd December for most cinemas, from the originally advertised 17th, with the New Wimbledon studio showing it on the 10th.

1 hour ago, alison said:

Which ad, Bridie?  I thought the Nutcracker was a new one?

I meant the ad for the screening at the New Wimbledon Studio. It doesn't say anywhere that it's a film! I know that we know that; but why should non-ballet goers?

The Shrew, Nutcracker, Dame aux Camellias, and Giselle this season were always scheduled to be previously recorded, rather than live, cinecasts, and PatheLive 's original announcement was clear (see the original post above).  I can't speak to advertising in the UK; here in the US, there's a small asterisk on the US website indicating a recording of a former performance.  (But, following a change in the US distributor last season, even our so-called "live" cinecasts are all shown on a delay of at least 2 hours...)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Casting for the cinecast of Romeo & Juliet has been announced:

Juliet, the daughter of Capulet

Ekaterina Krysanova

Romeo, the son of Montague

Vladislav Lantratov

Mercutio, Romeo’s friend

Igor Tsvirko

Benvolio, Montague’s nephew and Romeo’s friend

Dmitry Dorokhov

Tybalt, Lady Capulet’s nephew