dance underwear for girls

Siconne50

How tiny is your little girl? You may find some of the teenage shops such as top shop, miss selfridge etc might have teeny flesh coloured undies. I know m&s do pack of them for women and start at size 8. You could possibly take them in a bit at the sides? Once the leotard is on they should stay in place!

DDs JA teacher always insisted on white underwear & wanted them to have waist high for auditions .Used M&S seamfree childrens underwear for class ( usually there is a white pair in with the coloured triple packs- and I think primark do some .I do wish M& S would resurrect their seamfree white sporty high legs .My DD wore their 6-8s for years as I bought a large supply just before they were discontinued - I still occasionally see them in the laundry despite her being 12.For her preliminary WL audition DD wore the smallest Asda adult size of waisthigh white knickers taken in at the sides and never wore her" Bridget Jones big knickers" again.

Hi. I found a cheap body stocking that my daughter and most of her friends wore. Fitted perfectly under JA leotard and royal teacher put details of it up so was approved! Is on the Porselli website and is called Intermezzo Loverfor. Only about £6.99. We found big knickers either showed or rolled down so this was perfect.

Hi Lildancer. Must have been typing at the same time as you. Both my girls were in JA's and the hunt for big knickers had been going on for a few years before we discovered this body stocking. My youngest is really fussy about itchy and uncomfortable clothing but loves hers so it must be comfy!

The intermezzo one sounds great will have a look for that.just wish the ja leotards had a lining to them! Thanks.

Hi balletjack

My DD starts as a year 6 JA in September & her new white leotard was delivered the other day & the front of it is fully lined :) Must be a new thing with the RBS.

• Like 2

My daughter starts year 6 JA in sept and we went to Primark and bought a pack of invisible seamed thongs 3 for a fiver. Either all skin colour or 2 white and a skin colour. We bought ladies 8-10 and she wore one to dance class yesterday! Bless her! She is so tiny (in 8-9 clothes but age 10 1/2) but the fitted - hardly stretched at all! Glad to hear that the leotard is line (waiting for it to arrive!) so she might wear it with no pants (and use the thongs for festivals or dance class at home as they will fit until she is bigger than a 10!). In the car yesterday after wearing them half an hour she commented that she couldn't even feel that she had them on!

• Like 2

Leotard came today and it's lined at the front (whole front) but not at the back. It was the see through shot of the bottom on the website that made me think about underwear in the first place. She's yet to try it on yet as at dancing. I got aged 9-11 size 2 but she is a very small aged 10 so hope it fits!

Leotard came today and it's lined at the front (whole front) but not at the back. It was the see through shot of the bottom on the website that made me think about underwear in the first place. She's yet to try it on yet as at dancing. I got aged 9-11 size 2 but she is a very small aged 10 so hope it fits!

Cool is that in Covent garden? We are going to do the 2 day course for yr 6's there so might see you! Do you know how the classes work with new JA's and ones who have done it before as my daughter is new to JA's as a yer 6 and has only done her Grade 1 IDTA so will definitely less advanced than a lot of other pupils. Someone wa mentioning their 11 year old JA doing intermediate exam so it would be odd if they were in the same JA class.

Yes dd goes to covent garden & will be doing the 2 day workshop so might see you there, i wonder what the price will be? They dont take any notice of what grade the girls are as the classes are taken quite slowly at first & taken almost back to basics! Years 4 & 5 are taken together & year 6 seperately, so girls that start as year 4's then have to repeat it all again in year 5! My dd didnt do any barre work in yr 5 but they spent a lot of time on strengthening exercises, musicality, & getting the basics correct.hope this helps!