Radio 3 "In Tune" archive thread

(Edit: A home for old posts relating to BBC Radio 3's "In Tune" drivetime programme.  Details and iPlayer links will be out of date.)

Sorry for short notice, however In Tune is usually on iPlayer for one week.

An interview with Christopher Wheeldon, accompanied by Royal Ballet ballerina, Beatriz Stix-Brunell.

The programme runs from 4.30pm until 6.30pm.

They said in the interview she would be the new Alice - but not who she is replacing.

As it's now been mentioned on the radio, I'm happy to say that Chris Wheeldon told me earlier this week that Beatriz Stix-Brunell & Nehemiah Kish will be replacing Marianela Nuñez and Rupert Pennefather in the forthcoming Alice.

I wish they were doing the dress rehearsal (for some pics). Much as I love Sarah Lamb, we had her last year for the Friends rehearsal, so would have been nice to get someone different.

That would have made perfect sense, Dave.

I never quite understand why photographers aren't invited to dress rehearsals for other casts; this time particularly as few photographs will exist of Stix-Brunell, although I recall you took an especially fine one during her solo in Ballo della regina.

I wish they were doing the dress rehearsal (for some pics). Much as I love Sarah Lamb, we had her last year for the Friends rehearsal, so would have been nice to get someone different.

But Dave we have got someone different .... Steven McRae ..... and presumably a few other cast changes too.

Carol, sometimes there is more than one photocall with different casts but not all the photographers get invited. The photos the RB released for Alice last season were of Cuthbertson and Polunin (first cast) rather than Lamb and Bonelli who did the Friends' rehearsal.

Thanks for that information, John.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...