1 hour ago, LinMM said:

I've forgotten how to put a personal icon in the square by your name!!

Easier than before. You can upload from disk or link to an image on another site. Just click your name, then the little box in the bottom left corner of the profile pic and you get the options.

1 hour ago, LinMM said:

also I've forgotten how to put a personal icon in the square by your name!!

As John said all you need to do is click on the photo box while looking at your profile and then choose how to upload the image you require. The size has to be pretty small though and not sure how easy it is to resize images if uploading from your iPad.

Just for the hell of it I thought I'd have a go at changing my icon thingy. 

But when you click on the symbol and this list comes up ....eg I thought I'd up load a photo from my photo album but ....when you go to,the option nothing happens ....eg there's nowhere for me to click to get the photo from.

so I set back to gravatar.

so how do you change the icon thingy via gravatar then? 

I have done this once though can hardly believe it now ???

I found, when I tried to load a photograph from my cloud, that it was too big.  The software will only let you use very small files (in terms of photographs).  I copied this image from FM and then emailed it to myself selecting the small image size.  Then I dragged it across.

I think that's too complicated on an iPad Janet!

i just went into Gravatar site and tried to change the image. I got the photograph I wanted ....they seem to automatically resize etc but then it wouldn't appear on the final bit where you can crop if you want etc ....and see a preview of the size ...all remained empty on that page.

a message came up to say it was probably their fault etc but there was no one there at the moment but there was no help either so I couldn't get any further with it.

i may try again in the day time when someone is likely to be around

I have done this before so must have worked it out then .....but am now wondering whether I did it all in the Apple shop in Brighton where they are very helpful!!