Hammond Funding audition April 24th year 7

Balletallday

Hello everyone,

Do any of you know how many MDS places there are for the new year 7 intake this year?

Also, any idea how many children will be at the funding audition?

I don't think there ever is a set amount is there? As the funding has to be spread across all year groups, I know they try to focus on year 7 but still some does go to other years, so I would think you can't really get an answer to this question as surly it depends on who else is auditioning and how much they want them?! I guess the only answer anyone could give you is how many MDS are available this year and then just assume a large proportion will be for year 7.......hope this makes sense, rushing to get back into work lol :)

An extremely unscientific & inaccurate method of working it out is to ask your child roughly how many children they know in each year has an MDS - (they are not supposed to discuss it but it becomes apparent when visiting the dancewear supplier)

My guesstimate would be that roughly 6-9 awards are given to Year 7 every year but that each year as they move through the school that Year group acquire the odd one or two more. It has been known for there to be double that amount of awards in a year group by the time they reach Year 10 & 11. Someone on the forum last year said there were a lot of MDS awards given to her child's particular year group that would become available when they reached the end of Year 11.

About a year or so ago someone told me that all the candidates at finals are given a score & ranked from 1 to for arguments sake 30. Then if there were 15 MDS awards for example, the first 15 names would be awarded them.

• Like 2