Royal Ballet School Performances and Graduate Contracts

In response to Alison's request for a new thread for Graduate contracts, here are the details in the order in which they are printed in the programme for last week's Linbury performances:

Royal Ballet

Tierney Heap

Mayara Magri

Donald Thorn

Birmingham Royal Ballet

Laura Day *

Reina Fuchigami

Lachlan Monaghan

English National Ballet

Teo Dubreuil *

Northern Ballet

Mariana Rodrigues

Sean Bates *

Isaac Lee-Baker *

Ballet de l’Opéra de Paris

Axel Alvarez

Vienna State Opera Ballet

Nina Tonoli

Tristan Ridel

Berlin Ballet 2

Jordan Mullin

Bavarian State Ballet 2

Marta Navarrete Villalba

Jonah Cook

Sebastian Goffin

Karlsruhe State Theatre of Baden

Louis-Joseph Bray

National Ballet of Portugal

Melissa Parsons*

Lithuanian National Ballet

Isaac Evans *

Dutch National Ballet

Skyler Martin

Ballet de lOpéra National de Bordeaux

Evangeline Ball *

Takaaki Okajima

Ballet du Capitole de Toulouse

Matthew Astley *

Polish National Ballet

Lynsey Sutherland *

Kenneth Dwigans

Hong Kong Ballet

Ellen Elphick

Solomon Golding *

Atlantic City Ballet

Romain di Fazio

* these are the students who were Year 11 students at White Lodge although a few of them didn't join the school till part way through the 5 year course.

Edited by Bluebird

The RB School Show at the ROH this afternoon was absolutely wonderful. The programme* was a varied delight and showed off the talents of the Upper School students in particular to great advantage. We cannot remember a better end of year performance and it will be interesting to follow the careers of many 'stars of tomorrow' spotted on stage today.

* Jubilation (Year 9) Diane Van School and Antonio Castilla to Glazunov

Games for Gods (across the Lower School) Matthew Hart to Britten

Simple Symphony (Year 2 Upper School) Alastair Marriott to Britten

Uneven Ground (Year 3 Upper School) Paul Boyd to Sosa

Un Ballo (Year 3 Upper School) Jiri Kilian to Ravel

Yonderling (Years 1 and 2 Upper School) John Neumeier to Foster

Paquita excerpts (Year 3 Upper School plus Anna-Rose O'Sullivan Year 2 Upper School) Marius Petipa to Minkus

Grand Defile (entire school) Staff to Czerny

• Like 2

It was a wonderful show with the students showing how well-trained and rehearsed they are. Everyone was so neat and "together" and they are so lucky to have access to wonderful costuming. I thought Games for Gods was cleverly staged/choreographed but perhaps a little long - in fact I found quite a few of the pieces to be a bit long for my taste - perhaps I'm easily bored. And although the dancing was great in Un Ballo, it wasn't my cup of tea at all !!. Yonderling was very entertaining and although I really like Uneven Ground, I remember it from the last time they did it and I was fortunate to see it in both the Linbury and the ROH - and it's so much better in the Linbury IMHO. The music surrounds you there and you're closer to the dancers - it all feels a bit "remote" at the ROH.

These students really are lucky to have the opportunity to dance at such a lovely theatre with a huge appreciative audience (and as I said, with lovely costumes), it helps to bring out their performances I think. Robert Parker - if you're reading this - please do something about the Elmhurst show!! ;)

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Although I wasn't at the Linbury performances so therefore did not see the programme, in other years the * beside the name usually indicates that the pupil had been an Associate. However, the information isn't always correct as my son was a JA, attended another vocational school and then the Upper School and there was never an * beside his name!

Although I wasn't at the Linbury performances so therefore did not see the programme, in other years the * beside the name usually indicates that the pupil had been an Associate. However, the information isn't always correct as my son was a JA, attended another vocational school and then the Upper School and there was never an * beside his name!

The asterisk (the *) was not taken from the list of graduates in the programme. On another thread somebody had asked which of the graduates had come to the Upper School from White Lodge. I responded by putting an asterisk by the names of those who had spent at least a year there.