"SWAN LAKE
29th July; Svetlana Zakharova & Alexander Volchkov
30th July: Maria Alexandrova & Ruslan Skvortsov
31st July Ekaterina Shipulina & Semyon Chudin
1st August Ekaterina Krysanova & Artem Ovcharenko
10th August (1400) Kristina Kretova & Dmitry Gudanov
10th August (1930) Maria Alexandrova & Ruslan Skvortsov
14th August Maria Alexandrova & Ruslan Skvortsov

(15th August not given. ROH site still has Smirnova and Chudin. No way of knowing if this will be changed)

LA BAYADERE

2nd August: Svetlana Zakharova & Vladislav Lantratov
Maria Alexandrova

3rd August 1400 Evgenia Obraztsova & Alexander Volchkov
Anna Tikhomirova

3rd August 1930 Olga Smirnova & Semyon Chudin
Ekaterina Krysanova

THE SLEEPING BEAUTY

5th August:     Nina Kaptsova & Artem Ovcharenko
Yekaterina Shipulina

6th August     Svetlana Zahkarova & Ruslan Skvortsev
Olga Smirnova

7th August     Evgenia Obraztsova & Dmitry Gudanov
Yekaterina Shipulina

8th August     Ekaterina Krysanova & Semyon Chudin
Olga Smirnova

9th August     Svetlana Zahkarova & Ruslan Skvortsev
Yekaterina Shipulina

JEWELS

12th August     EMERALDS -
Evgenia Obraztsova & Vladislav Lantratov
Anna Tikhomirova & Karim Abdullin

RUBIES –
Ekaterina Krysanova & Dmitry Gudanov
Ekaterina Shipulina

DIAMONDS –
Svetlana Zakharova Alexander Volchkov

13th August     EMERALDS
Nina Kaptsova & Dmitry Gudanov
Ekaterina Shipulina & Ivan Alexeyeva

RUBIES -
Kristina Kretova & Andrei Merkuriev
Yulia Grebenshchikova

DIAMONDS -
Olga Smirnova & Semyon Chudin

THE FLAMES OF PARIS

16TH August    Natalia Osipova & Ivan Vasiliev

17th August 1400 Ekaterina Shipulina Alexander Volchkov

17th August 1930 Maria Alexandrova & Andrei Merkuriev

Please note casting is subject to change."

Edited by Bluebird
  • Like 1

It looks too good to be true and of course at this stage it is, one change that I booked for is SB where Maria Alexandrova is replaced by Ekaterina Krysanova, I don't mind at all, and I hope Olga Smirnova still dances SL on the 15th, might have to swap if not(last time the ROH were okay with swapping one Bolshoi for another, any production). Since I booked all 3 Flames the last night looks wonderful, Maria Alexandrova and Andrei Merkuriev!!!

Thanks for putting this up, I couldn't understand the Hochhauser page.

Posted a little while ago on the Hochhauser Facebook page:

"SWAN LAKE

29th July; Svetlana Zakharova & Alexander Volchkov

30th July: Maria Alexandrova & Ruslan Skvortsov

31st July Ekaterina Shipulina & Semyon Chudin

1st August Ekaterina Krysanova & Artem Ovcharenko

10th August (1400) Kristina Kretova & Dmitry Gudanov

10th August (1930) Maria Alexandrova & Ruslan Skvortsov

14th August Maria Alexandrova & Ruslan Skvortsov

(15th August not given. ROH site still has Smirnova and Chudin. No way of knowing if this will be changed)

LA BAYADERE

2nd August: Svetlana Zakharova & Vladislav Lantratov

Maria Alexandrova

3rd August 1400 Evgenia Obraztsova & Alexander Volchkov

Anna Tikhomirova

3rd August 1930 Olga Smirnova & Semyon Chudin

Ekaterina Krysanova

THE SLEEPING BEAUTY

5th August:     Nina Kaptsova & Artem Ovcharenko

Yekaterina Shipulina

6th August     Svetlana Zahkarova & Ruslan Skvortsev

Olga Smirnova

7th August     Evgenia Obraztsova & Dmitry Gudanov

Yekaterina Shipulina

8th August     Ekaterina Krysanova & Semyon Chudin

Olga Smirnova

9th August     Svetlana Zahkarova & Ruslan Skvortsev

Yekaterina Shipulina

JEWELS

12th August     EMERALDS -

Evgenia Obraztsova & Vladislav Lantratov

Anna Tikhomirova & Karim Abdullin

RUBIES –

Ekaterina Krysanova & Dmitry Gudanov

Ekaterina Shipulina

DIAMONDS –

Svetlana Zakharova Alexander Volchkov

13th August     EMERALDS

Nina Kaptsova & Dmitry Gudanov

Ekaterina Shipulina & Ivan Alexeyeva

RUBIES -

Kristina Kretova & Andrei Merkuriev

Yulia Grebenshchikova

DIAMONDS -

Olga Smirnova & Semyon Chudin

THE FLAMES OF PARIS

16TH August    Natalia Osipova & Ivan Vasiliev

17th August 1400 Ekaterina Shipulina Alexander Volchkov

17th August 1930 Maria Alexandrova & Andrei Merkuriev

Please note casting is subject to change."

Thank you so much for posting - have just booked for 17th August, Merkuriev!!!

It looks too good to be true and of course at this stage it is, one change that I booked for is SB where Maria Alexandrova is replaced by Ekaterina Krysanova, I don't mind at all, and I hope Olga Smirnova still dances SL on the 15th, might have to swap if not(last time the ROH were okay with swapping one Bolshoi for another, any production). Since I booked all 3 Flames the last night looks wonderful, Maria Alexandrova and Andrei Merkuriev!!! Thanks for putting this up, I couldn't understand the Hochhauser page.

Merkuriev on the last night - AMAZING!!!

Thanks for posting the casting! I'm so glad my guesstimates have panned out for 2/3 performances - I booked for Zakharova 29th July, Zakharova 2nd August and Flames de Paris 17th August. I should have gone with my instinct and booked for 16th August however Maria Alexandrova and Andrei Merkuriev should be epic! I will be keeping my ticket for this performance and purchasing another for 16th August to see Osipova and Vasiliev, hopefully there will still be some good seats left once general public booking opens as I used the Hochhauser code to obtain these tickets. I can also now book for 6th or 9th August Sleeping Beauty.

From what I remember of the 2010 ROH visit is that there was a lot of shuffling about of castings so I seemed to be permanently attached to the phone on a call to the ROH box office trying to alter my tickets! I won't feel secure in my choices until the curtain goes up on stage on the night of the performance...certainly keeps me on my toes!

Also, please could someone post a link to the Hochhauser Facebook page I may be being completely dense but I can't find a link to it anywhere!

Edited by lartiste

Thanks for posting the casting! I'm so glad my guesstimates have panned out for 2/3 performances - I booked for Zakharova 29th July, Zakharova 2nd August and Flames de Paris 17th August. I should have gone with my instinct and booked for 16th August however Maria Alexandrova and Andrei Merkuriev should be epic! I will be keeping my ticket for this performance and purchasing another for 16th August to see Osipova and Vasiliev, hopefully there will still be some good seats left once general public booking opens as I used the Hochhauser code to obtain these tickets. I can also now book for 6th or 9th August Sleeping Beauty.

From what I remember of the 2010 ROH visit is that there was a lot of shuffling about of castings so I seemed to be permanently attached to the phone on a call to the ROH box office trying to alter my tickets! I won't feel secure in my choices until the curtain goes up on stage on the night of the performance...certainly keeps me on my toes!

Also, please could someone post a link to the Hochhauser Facebook page I may be being completely dense but I can't find a link to it anywhere!

You're not dense, the facebook page isn't called Hochhauser so you can't search for that on fb Here's the link:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bolshoi-Ballet-50th-Anniversary-in-London/475849139138467

• Like 1

The ROH website has a very long line of names against Flames of Paris and Jewels, and I don't think Merkuriev will be dancing what we call the main role in Flames, he's also down for another role on Friday evening, Saturday looks like it will be Landratov. Dimitri Gudanov and Artem Ovcharenko are also dancing both nights, there are several main roles in this ballet, even so it's a very long list.

The Bolshoi season looks very attractive to me but my main disappointment is the absence of Nikolai Tsiskaridze. I read that he mentioned last month that he will not dance Solor anymore but his other ballets are in the repertoire of the tour: ‘Swan Lake’, ‘The Sleeping Beauty’, ‘The Jewels’. Last month he danced Desire. Here is the video:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=you+tube+цискаридзе+спящая&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&redir_esc=&ei=FGFgUeq2Acmn0QX6xoDQBw

He hasn’t been cast in the Bolshoi’s recent production of ‘The Jewels’, which is puzzling, because he performed it with the Mariinsky - “Rubies‘ with Vishneva, Nioradze and Novikova and ‘Diamonds’ with Lopatkina. Not with the Bolshoi, however. He is not cast in any Bolshoi’s performances in April but will appear in St.Petersburg and Kiev.

If casting changes are to happen, I really would like to see him here.

Edited for changing layout.

Edited by Amelia
  • Like 1

You're not dense, the facebook page isn't called Hochhauser so you can't search for that on fb Here's the link:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bolshoi-Ballet-50th-Anniversary-in-London/475849139138467

Thanks for sharing the link toursenlair :) I feel less inept now knowing it's filed away in cyberspace under Bolshoi as I was fruitlessly searching for the fb page under Hochhauser and felt so stupid when I couldn't find it!

Beryl H - I just checked the ROH website that is one very long cast list for Flames de Paris! I saw Lantratov in La Bayadere alongside Zakharova in the cinema live broadcast  from the Bolshoi in January 2013 and he was immediately placed on my list of one's to watch in terms of up-and-coming talent. I'm pleased that I will be able to see him perform live!

Will Ryzhkina and Lobukhin be coming across with the company for the season at the ROH? They were amazing in Don Quixote in 2010 so I would like to see them perform again.

I was so disappointed on Wednesday when I tried to purchase a ticket for Flames de Paris for 16th August to discover the performance was entirely sold out - I was in the studio all day on Tuesday 9th when public booking opened so I couldn't get anywhere near the internet to order tickets.

I was feeling hopeful today and thought maybe someone has exchanged a ticket it's worth a look, lo and behold there was a single ticket available! So now I am all booked up for both performances of Flames de Paris, La Bayadere and Swan Lake currently debating Sleeping Beauty as I can't decide where to sit. 

• 2 months later...

I hesitated to start a new topic and am placing this news here:

Bolshoi in Paris, 4-10 Jan. 2014

“ … the prestigious Bolshoi Theatre Ballet has again been invited to perform at the Palais Garnier. They return this season with a creation by Alexei Ratmansky: Lost Illusions, based on the novel by Balzac.”

http://www.operadeparis.fr/en/saison_2013_2014/Ballets/ballet-du-theatre-bolchoi/decouvrir/presentation/

I hesitated to start a new topic and am placing this news here:

Bolshoi in Paris, 4-10 Jan. 2014

“ … the prestigious Bolshoi Theatre Ballet has again been invited to perform at the Palais Garnier. They return this season with a creation by Alexei Ratmansky: Lost Illusions, based on the novel by Balzac.”

http://www.operadeparis.fr/en/saison_2013_2014/Ballets/ballet-du-theatre-bolchoi/decouvrir/presentation/

great - love to go - just hope the ticket sale will not be a nightmare again...

Ok ok so I've narrowed it down I think to see

Alexandrova in swan lake

Zakharova in sleeping beauty

Smirnova in la bayadere

Does that sound good? Bayadere is supposed to be one of zakharova's best roles but smirnova just won the benois with it,

Oh these decisions are so tricky!!

Can't speak for Smirnova having never seen her myself yet, but the other two are same as I have booked and I expect great things!!  Happy to swap notes with you in the interval of Swan Lake - PM me if you wish to.

Anatolyi Iksanov is dismissed from the post of the Director General of the Bolshoi Theatre.

I wonder if that means we lose the inestimable pleasure of seeing Nikolai Tsiskaridze in LIepa's seasonal blow-outs.  

(THIS IS INTENDED TO BE HUMOUROUS ... WRITTEN IN JEST ... LEST THERE BE ANY DOUBT)

In any event it appears that it may be a 'BIG' change all round soon for the BOLSHOI company.  

AH WAIT ... WE KNOW .... TO QUOTE ...FROM THE ABOVE REFERENCED ARTICLE

Succeeding Mr. Iksanova is the CEO Musical Theater of Stanislavsky and Nemirovich-Danchenko Company, Vladimir Urin.

Edited by Meunier

The Times has devoted a double page spread to+ the Bolshoi today in the Times 2 section, best thing about it is the full page picture of Maria Alexandrova in Paquita on the front cover - a ballet they will not be bringing to London by the way.

For those that disregard this paper due to the firewall, the main article is by the Times Moscow correspondent, not an arts journalist.  To sum up: the Bolshoi is coming to London and things have been problematic in the past six months, but hey!  they're the Bolshoi and theyr'e great.  The only detail is to say it is widely believed that Iksanov lost his job because Zakharova is piqued about not being first cast in Onegin and that Gennadi Yanin is now back working in the theatre which really is wonderful news.

Times critic Debra Crane also gets the chance to say how good they are in a short piece at the bottom of the page 'Best on the Planet" apparently and we are told that the dancers to watch are Zakharov, Alexandrova, Smirnova, Hallberg and Volchkov.

According to Volcanohunter on Balletalert, it has been announced that Nina Kaptsova will not be coming to London with the company.  He says that the casting for Aurora has therefore been changed.  These are the dates affected, with the new Aurora in capitals

5th August:     OBRAZTSOVA  & Artem Ovcharenko
Yekaterina Shipulina

7th August     KRYSANOVA & Dmitry Gudanov
Yekaterina Shipulina

8th August      ALEXANDROVA & Semyon Chudin
Olga Smirnova

In addition, Anastasia Stashkevich will replace Kaptsova in Emeralds on 13th August 

The modified casting is on the Bolshoi website (in Russian) but Google Translate makes it more or less understandable.  Here's the link:

http://www.bolshoi.ru/about/press/articles/2013/2633/

Edited by Bluebird
  • Like 1

In the context of an article in today's Daily Telegraph about the Hochhausers, it say that there will be exclusive daily behind-the-scenes footage of the Bolshoi in class and rehearsal at www.telegraph.co.uk/video. Sounds good.

This is brilliant (until it changes again) I have the 5th and 8th and really wanted to see Krysanova, and am very happy to see Alexandrova instead of Kaptsova, also glad the Princes haven't changed.

As I said, until it changes again!