How I'm spending my Sundays

Kate_N

Well, the next couple of Sundays, anyway ...

Today, off to a 4 hour workshop at my local studio in contemporary - with James Wilton Dance, who are currently on tour. And, so the studio owner tells me, we are being taught by James Wilton himself! The company is performing here tomorrow night.

http://www.jameswiltondance.org.uk/leviathan

Sadly, the idea of dance workshops is still new here in the deep West Country, and so I think there are only 3 or 4 of us attending. Probably not what Mr Wilton expects! I'm a bit nervous about that, but I'm looking forward to learning something about how such an acrobatic style is built up from the basics. 

And then next Sunday I'm really looking forward to the ENB workshop based on the current ENB repertoire of Forsythe, Bausch & Van Maanen. I've seen live performances by all the original companies (and taught about Bausch  as part of a large survey course of 20th century avant garde), and am again looking forward to learning about the fundamentals of how their choreographies are built.

I think there are some posters from here going to next week's ENB workshop? We should say "Hello" with a secret handshake <grin>. 

• Like 7

Well, the next couple of Sundays, anyway ...

Today, off to a 4 hour workshop at my local studio in contemporary - with James Wilton Dance, who are currently on tour. And, so the studio owner tells me, we are being taught by James Wilton himself! The company is performing here tomorrow night.

http://www.jameswiltondance.org.uk/leviathan

Sadly, the idea of dance workshops is still new here in the deep West Country, and so I think there are only 3 or 4 of us attending. Probably not what Mr Wilton expects! I'm a bit nervous about that, but I'm looking forward to learning something about how such an acrobatic style is built up from the basics. 

And then next Sunday I'm really looking forward to the ENB workshop based on the current ENB repertoire of Forsythe, Bausch & Van Maanen. I've seen live performances by all the original companies (and taught about Bausch  as part of a large survey course of 20th century avant garde), and am again looking forward to learning about the fundamentals of how their choreographies are built.

I think there are some posters from here going to next week's ENB workshop? We should say "Hello" with a secret handshake <grin>. 

How lucky are you Kate

EnB workshop sounds smashing!

Edited by thatballetboy