Academy of Northern Ballet (Leeds) - Easter course

Ballet4Boyz

Can anyone tell me the timings of this course - I know it's 10th -13th April and non-residential, but wondered what times the days start & finish ? Would also appreciate any feedback from anyone having attended this course in the past. Many thanks.

Yes, times roughly 9.30/10 to 4.30/5, but exact timetable not usually known until a few days before (and even then subject to minor changes). It’s mostly ballet, younger students do some jazz whilst older students (roughly age 14+) do some contemporary. There may also be some Pilates. Class sizes vary, but 15-20 is typical. This will be dd’s 3rd Easter course and she has always enjoyed it and felt it to be very worthwhile. 

Hi - I only saw this today and I've updated the Easter Course page on the site with the following:

Students attending the course will learn the fundamentals of the Ichino technique and gain an insight into the life of a professional dancer. Students will take daily classes running from 9am-4pm approximately, including Ballet Technique, Contemporary or Jazz (age dependent) and pointe work / mens class.

I hope this helps.

Would second BlueLou's comments:  DS always got a huge amount from this course - especially his encounters with "Scary Doug" the contemporary teacher.  His relationship over the years changed from abject terror (Ds was very small) to holding praise from Doug above that from all others.

• Like 3

Would second BlueLou's comments:  DS always got a huge amount from this course - especially his encounters with "Scary Doug" the contemporary teacher.  His relationship over the years changed from abject terror (Ds was very small) to holding praise from Doug above that from all others.

Not sure who is teaching contemporary at the Easter course this year, but Andile (one of the other contemporary teachers at Northern) is one of dd’s favourite people on the planet! His classes seem very full on and they all come out exhausted :)