PRESS RELEASE - NORTHERN BALLET PHOTO OPPORTUNITY WITH MISS ENGLAND

Northern Ballet Media Release

For Immediate Release

11 July 2012

England beauty brushes up on ballet for Miss World performance

PHOTO OPPORTUNITY

Thursday 12 July, 1.15pm

Northern Ballet, Quarry Hill, Leeds LS2 7PA

This is an opportunity to photograph/ film Charlotte Holmes, winner of the 2012 Miss England competition, complete with crown, in a one off master class with Viki Westall at the Northern Ballet studios in central Leeds.

Miss England, Charlotte Holmes, will be paying a visit to Northern Ballet in Leeds for a one-to-one ballet master class with teacher and ex-ballerina Viki Westall. Charlotte took ballet classes from the tender age of 3 years old and is keen to showcase her dance skills when she competes at the Miss World contest in August. Her master class with Viki will give her pointers and help her to focus on her strengths.

Charlotte Holmes, Miss Devon, was crowned Miss England 2012 at The Athena, Leicester in June. On winning the crown Charlotte said, “I am so proud and privileged to win the crown and my ambition during my reign is to show young people that they can achieve if they put their mind and soul into their ambition”.

Charlotte’s visit to Northern Ballet also marks a new partnership between Northern Ballet and Front UK, a leading national beauty recruitment agency dedicated to supplying makeup artists, models and sales staff for beauty products across the UK.

Whilst watching ‘Arts Troubleshooter’, a recent documentary on BBC2 about Northern Ballet, David Douglass of Front UK was inspired to look to pledge Front UK’s support to the Sponsor a Dancer campaign. Front UK has agreed to sponsor a dancer for three years.

David said, “I was so impressed with Northern Ballet when watching ‘Arts Troubleshooter’ on the BBC and thought it was a brilliant idea to be able to support a young dancer through such an important part of their career. It also proved to be a good opportunity to kill two birds with one stone and to introduce Charlotte Holmes to the company and to seek their professional help in coaching Charlotte for her Miss World talent round in a selected piece of ballet. Viki has already proved to be a great help and Charlotte is very excited about the prospect of her masterclass. We at Front are immensely proud of Charlotte who has worked so hard to get to where she is and now the greatest challenge lies ahead at Miss World. I know she will do fabulously well and for sure her dance routine will be perfect!”

-ENDS-