WL auditions for 2017

Caitlin_dance

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

Obvious question here, but if you don't ask....

In my DD's invitation, they mention that on Saturday afternoon, some dancers may be asked to remain for a final recall class (call back)

Is this when they need a further viewing to make decisions - or are we getting final results on the day?

Hi All,

Obvious question here, but if you don't ask....

In my DD's invitation, they mention that on Saturday afternoon, some dancers may be asked to remain for a final recall class (call back)

Is this when they need a further viewing to make decisions - or are we getting final results on the day?

Hi, from all I gather from reading old chats about it the recall is then they are not sure ... then they sure it is a yes or sure it is no- no recall... it is a maybe who get recalled ...

Just from reading in this forum old chats... nothing first hand!

Edited by Hopeful????
  • Like 1

So really you come out of the audition none the

Wiser , is there then some pecking order if they do get a place with the ones not in the call back knowing they were not up there with the children that got a place with no call back ? It all seems so cut throat for children so young .

• Like 1

I think the yes is a yes it doesn't matter if they took a second look in recall... also some will be on waiting list and if they join eventually they are equal to those who got a yes right away ... bottom line is important I think... some who were not recalled and maybe get a yes can be assessed later and some who would be recalled and get a yes will be brilliant at WL ... so a yes is a yes ... doesn't matter recalled or not really!... maybe the child didn't show his full potential and the panel were really great to give a child a second chance to shine really in recall...

• Like 4

I don't think we can know either way and it's almost not worth thinking about as you could drive yourself mad! ???? I think if they get a place it won't matter if it was following a call back or not. It would just be too amazing and no-one really knows this year what the call back means, only the teachers and they could have very different reasons for calling different children back. Like everything I think we need to sit back, enjoy the ride and try not to analyse as none of us ultimately will ever know. ...(and I m saying this to myself as much as anyone else as I overthink everything but trying hard not to!)

Xxxxxx sending good luck to all the finalists, what lucky girls and boys they are xxxxx

(Edited to add boys too ????) x

Edited by Balletmummy55
  • Like 2

Absolutely- it makes no difference whether they are in the call back if they get a yes in the end. Sometimes they get called back because the panel didn't quite seem them do something and they want to check before making a decision.

Once in no one takes any notice of whether in the call back or a straight yes - they are all on a level playing field and straight back to basics!!

• Like 1

Hi, my dc wants to apply for White Lodge but isn't 11 until September. I was under the impression that you had to be in current academic year 6 to apply for full time dance school but a friend of mine says she knows of someone who has been invited to the White Lodge finals and she is still in year 5, the same as my dc. How is this even possible?

Edited by balletmomma
  • Like 1

Hi ballet momma. Anything is possible I suppose, but it would be very unusual as they'd skip a year of education too. Is the child an international student?

You are correct in that auditions for year 7 entry are for current year 6 children. Good luck to your dd next year xxx

Wow that's amazing news, I've never hear of anyone skipping up a year!! Wonder how that would work with her missing a whole year of education though, didn't even realise that was possible!! Good luck to her I say, she must be an incredibly talented little lady!!

I think in some exceptional cases dc who were spotted by RBS might be invited and it is for sure not unheard of for some dc to be in a class above ...

DC is just like yours and we went through normal application process and had to wait for her year 6 to apply... Not a special case indeed ????

Edited by Hopeful????

Yes indeed for those of you auditioning or waiting to audition in the future, don't worry about what other dc are doing or what level they are at etc Each child is an individual and should be treated as such, and just remember there are many roads which lead to Rome ;)

• Like 3

I agree every child is unique and some peak earlier than others etc. But I believe that there are indeed many talented children whose parents believe what they read and that is in order to be eligible to audition you have to be in current academic year 6 and be 11 years of age by 31st August. I have known of some super talented youngsters who have made it into White Lodge , Elmhurst and YDA but each of them waited until they met the eligibility criteria.

I'm sure if they're already junior associates that they would be informed if this is something the schools feels is right for that particular individual child . I very much doubt the child in question has peaked I'd like to think she is just ready for the next step just that little bit earlier . I really wouldn't worry about it your DD not going a year early , I personally think it would be quite tough on both the child and parents to leave home at such a young age , your DD's time to audition will come soon around soon enough . Good luck .

• Like 1