WL auditions for 2017

Caitlin_dance

So exciting reading all this - takes me back 13 years like it was yesterday with my DS

Question is though JulieW would you go through it all again ;)

It's got to be going on 7 years since I was going through all this angst ... I was so upset when dd didn't get WL finals and we never did get to do the grand drive through Richmond Park lol.

JAs has a lot to answer for ... Worry lines, grey hairs , the new kitchen I could have had 10 times over !! !All said I've made some lovely friends and had wonderful times with my dds trekking across the country .

Good luck and enjoy the ride .

Edited by HAIRBELLES
  • Like 6

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I'm pretty sure this year at least (we are new) finals are in White Lodge for all the chidlren who got yes for finals and regardless of where they attended the preliminary ones and that includes London... so no difference really...

Maybe there are some unique special cases I'm not aware of ...

(don't know about the international auditions though ... )

Edited by Hopeful????

Maybe there are less boys in finals than girls?

Very likely, and that is why I assumed they would be running girls audition twice rather than making all girls stay for two days. Especially as presumably they won't be able to stay at the school overnight as it's term time.

Very likely, and that is why I assumed they would be running girls audition twice rather than making all girls stay for two days. Especially as presumably they won't be able to stay at the school overnight as it's term time.

The child I know of who is attending has booked an overnight hotel stay with her parent.

Yes I'm presuming it's over 2 days as they have a lot to fit in to one day, with an academic test, a physio assessment and a ballet class. I'm hoping it's to make it less rushed for all parties as obviously it's a big decision for them to make. It's very clear in the email that all the girls would need to be there all day both days, and both days would have an early start, so 2 nights accommodation has needed to be booked as we don't live locally. Also interested to receive the schedule to find out more x

We are looking at it as a lovely experience in London and not expecting anything other than something to always remember xx

• Like 1

Yes I'm presuming it's over 2 days as they have a lot to fit in to one day, with an academic test, a physio assessment and a ballet class.

it's the same schedule for the boys, just interesting they can do them in one day. You would think running it twice for girls would be better, as otherwise presumably a lot of sitting around.

Anyway I guess my child will be getting three days of trips this time as the current students are usually taken out during auditions.

• Like 2

Look at it positively, that means two days for the girls to experience White Lodge. Stress levels will be reduced and less rushed and to top it all evening spent in Covent Garden. If finances are a problem then RBS are very approachable. Enjoy every minute of it.

• Like 1

Hi hairbelles , the email received says we have to attend both days this year .

Registration on the Friday will be from 8:30am for a 9:00am start with all dancers required to return on Saturday to continue the selection process. On the Saturday afternoon, some dancers may be asked to remain for a final recall class (call back), however all will be finished by 4.00pm.

• Like 2

Previously girls auditions have been run over 1 day with 40 candidates. This year is the first that they have run over 2 days but I think because they have taken 60 through to finals so can't fit them all on one day.

The boys is still run over 1 day because as usual there are only around half the number of finalists.

• Like 1

Many years ago auditions were over the weekend and children were told if they'd got in or not at the end I believe. How awful that would be if you were unsuccessful. Thankfully I'm sure that won't happen!

Hairbelles - would we do it all again...? With the stress of auditions, waiting for results, appraisals, being assessed out, change of school, injuries, more auditions and waiting, company auditions, child working abroad, operation, finally giving up ballet...? Oh yes, in a heartbeat x

• Like 10

Many years ago auditions were over the weekend and children were told if they'd got in or not at the end I believe. How awful that would be if you were unsuccessful. Thankfully I'm sure that won't happen!

Hairbelles - would we do it all again...? With the stress of auditions, waiting for results, appraisals, being assessed out, change of school, injuries, more auditions and waiting, company auditions, child working abroad, operation, finally giving up ballet...? Oh yes, in a heartbeat x

You should write a book Julie. "The journey of a Ballet Mother; what every parent should know". I'm sure it'd be a hit.

• Like 11

Just curious - Where did you find out there are 60 this year?

Do you know final numbers for the other main schools ( without taking this off topic)

I did say I think as my DD is at WL and this is the rumour going round there so may not be completely true!!! Don't know about other schools - sorry and good luck to everyone - the audition is a wonderful experience whatever the outcome.